Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adventures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
What adventure are your must plays or do you view as classics. Worth the time and effort convention to SR4 rules. This Tangent come from http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=23044.

I'm just wondering what the old timers think I should hunt down.
Cyntax
Queen Euphoria was one of my favorites.
sunnyside
Really a lot of the bug stuff was pure gold. Missing blood, bug city.

There is also the Harlequin/Harlequin's back adventures. Really nothing like them in SR before or since. The first adventure you could do with a younger team. For Harlequin's back I'd save that for when you've been playing for a long time and you're ready to jump the shark.

Dumori
Thanks would any one here be interest in me posting the covnersons as in new NPC stats matrix and rolls on Dumpshock for SR4 and is any one willing to help? Also what dose catalyst game labs think of this?
Yoan
DNA/DOA.

Seriously.
cryptoknight
Silver Angel
Dreamchipper
Missing Blood
imperialus
I've always really enjoyed Dark Angel. I'm actually running my PbP group through a very chopped version of it as we speak. It's a really cool snapshot of pop culture in the 6th world and lots of opportunities for various characters to fill their niche.
Jackstand
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Aug 4 2008, 02:50 PM) *
Really a lot of the bug stuff was pure gold. Missing blood, bug city.

I agree. The early bug stuff, and The Universal Brotherhood, are some of my favorite Shadowrun elements of all time.
FlashbackJon
Thirded. We still reminisce about our first CZ runs.

And our subsequent CZ "Extraction Service."
cndblank
Harlequin was top notch.

I'm running it now in 4th.

I'm willing to share.

Also there are conversions notes for DNA\DOA on Dumpshock.
cndblank
Harlequin was top notch.

I'm running it now in 4th.

I'm willing to share.

Also there are conversions notes for DNA\DOA on Dumpshock.
Cang
i had lots of fun with bottled demon. I plan to do universal brotherhood with some new players if i can get a group of newbies. cyber.gif
Dumori
sounds like quite a few of you have done this already. So is any one for pooling note and such?
Snow_Fox
Queen Euphoria,
Ivy and Chrome
Missing Blood
Harlequin
Mercurial

beyond playablilty just fun reading.
Yoan
A wiki, or at least a dedicated thread, would probably be wiz for note-sharing & info pooling, to revamp these old classics into shiny SR4 uniforms.
sunnyside
Any comments from the catalyst people? Is statting out old adventures and stuff stomping on your intellectual property or just cool fan doings.

He'd have to actually get copies of the books to actually play the games.

Though, come to think of it, you could just play the game with stats as written. That'd leave you with a lot of magic 6 magicians and generally higher stats/skills. But it'd play.

Or you could just run everybody through the conveniently provided SR3 to SR4 converter
http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4/sr3_to_sr4.pdf

That, in my opinion, will work pretty well for the other editions too.

I think your only problems would be when they have some specialty critter or something and they give a damage code as 5M1 or something and you don't know what to do.

Ummmm that's a bit harder.

Oh, one other thing. The world has generally changed a bit. In SR4 there is a whole lot more matrix stuff and basic magical wards are sprinkled all over. So you'd have to just add that stuff in as approprate.
Chance359
Mercurial
Ivy and Chrome
Bottled Demon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012