Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astral Combat and Spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eugene
Is it just me, or is fighting a spirit in the astral actually -easier- than fighting it in the physical world? Most of their powers are Physical (like engulf or energy aura or whatever), so they can't use them in astral space, and so they have to rely on Force/2 bashing. Meanwhile a mage can still chuck stunbolts at them, and since they don't have Counterspell...

It seems counter-intuitive since the astral plane is a spirit's natural habitat.

Also - has the rule that all spells cast astrally do Physical drain been changed in 4th? I can't seem to find the rule.
VagabondStar
It does and it doesn't work.

Spirits get a lot of their coolness from being spirits of something in nature. In the physical world. Once they go astral, they are just another disembodied astral form - albeit with a few more tricks than a metahuman would have.

I have thought about that before, and that's the only justification I can bring to it, but it works for me wobble.gif
Tarantula
Some spirits do have counterspelling (magical guard). Spells cast astrally do not cause physical drain as far as I've been able to find in SR4.
SCARed
well, some of the powers like confusion or fear are mana-ones ...

so they should work in astral space too.

as for the drain on the astral plane: that rule is gone in SR4. and to add things up: you can now summon spirits on the astral plane, too. devil.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012