Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOL @ SR Genesis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wounded Ronin
http://vimeo.com/719263

LOL at SR Genesis. Watch someone actually take on the super-secret Chernobyl level. There's extremely monotonous battles with some Black IC, and funny commentary. Also the commentators talk about how they were incapable of understanding SR3 and could never play it. spin.gif
hobgoblin
ah, good riddance of those maps. loved it when i got my hands on VR2.0 and later SR3. and now its SR4 biggrin.gif
sunnyside
Good memories. I found that (without having to look it up in a guidebook or anything mind you). Although I had some matrix program that bounced attacks back at the attacking icon which really helped in the fights.

Debatably the Genesis game got me into Shadowrun. Which worked really well as they've very similar.

At the time I was also impressed with some of the major deviances from traditional RPGs. For example people often charge you for information and you can't just walk into houses and steel people stuff. I also really liked being able to blow doors with grendards instead of having to wander half the map finding keys.

Wounded Ronin
Well that is still apparently innovative. Lots of games still can't reconcile the fact that a man carrying 8 guns and enough firepower to take on the Chinese military single handedly must find a key for a door and can't just blow it up.
FlashbackJon
I LOVED the Genesis game. I HATED the SNES one.
Zolhex
He really needs to go see kipp david for rebound and degrade 7. He also should learn after triggering an alert if he has access to the cpu to go there and turn on the alert.
Wounded Ronin
What was the deal with Chernobyl, anyway? Did someone want to nuke the Redmond Barrens? If so, why?
TonkaTuff
It's been a long time since I played through, but I think the Chernobyl virus thinger was going to be used to blow up a brand new Shiawase fusion plant. The explosion would certainly make for a bad day in Redmond, but it'd also impact the metroplex's power grid, generate dangrous fallout, and be a massive black-eye to Shiawase. I don't remember there ever being given an exact reason why - though given the nature of the operation, I'd imagine it was a deep green cell and/or a toxic shaman plot. I don't think it was directly related to the central plot.
sunnyside
No it had nothing to do with the central plot. Most people would play the game through and not do it. Which is kinda cool because I don't think stuff like that was common at the time.
VagabondStar
I wasted so much of my life playing this game......

this is how i got into shadowrun.
Flatliner
A: Yes
B: No
C: Slot off frag face!
Jhaiisiin
A: Pick the lock
B: Use Maglock Passkey
C: Blow the door open with a frag grenade!!!

C'mon, you know you chose option C just for the amusement factor.
Cardul
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 11 2008, 08:02 PM) *
A: Pick the lock
B: Use Maglock Passkey
C: Blow the door open with a frag grenade!!!

C'mon, you know you chose option C just for the amusement factor.

Wait..there were other options?
Chance359
how to open doors
Cardul
You know...I never could get Chernobyl to work frown.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Aug 12 2008, 10:16 AM) *

heh, i recall that a M4 with a under slung shotgun had the nickname masterkey in some game or other wink.gif
Wounded Ronin
I remember playing the original Delta Force where you were equipped with an underbarrel shotgun. However, in order to fire the underbarrel shotgun you had to use the mouse wheel to toggle through all your weapons so the real world usefulness of the underbarrel shotgun as a quick CQB solution was pretty much completely undermined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012