Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Action types for drones shooting guns.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tsuul
This is just a reality check to make sure I'm running my drones weapons correctly.

The book lists in a few places that it is a complex action to fire a vehicle weapon / weapon system (pgs 160, 239). But I should really be basing the action type on the mode of fire exactly the same way anyone would if the gun were in their hand as stated on pg 162.

So a drone with a Ingram White Knight is handled exactly the same way as a street same with an Ingram White knight(with respect to action types, complex/simple).
Edit: Jumped in, remote controlled, or the drone using its dog-brain are the situations I'm concerned with. :edit
Is this right?

Thanks in advance.
reepneep
My understanding is that a weapon that is physically attached to a drone or vehicle (a situation that requires the gunnery skill) requires a complex action to fire regardless of how its used. Weapons that are held in someone's hands and not attached to a mount on a vehicle use their normal action types with the penalty for firing a hand weapon from a vehicle.

Drone weapons ALWAYS use a complex action.
Tsuul
Doesn't the line on 162 change that though?
Gunnery on 162.
"The action required for shooting weapons depends on the mode fired, same as with normal firearms, but in almost all cases vehicle weapons require a Complex Action to fire."
Dumori
I think that is because most guns on drones are heavy types so take a complex action. I run it so small guns pistols and such use there normal. same if the gun has a listed fire rate that's not complex only and is a veical only weapon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012