Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raverbane
In the standard options for this drone. Shouldn't there also be listed 2 Mechanical Arms?
Moon-Hawk
Can it actually do anything with it's arms? Or are they just useless waving appendages with which to "dance?"
Kyoto Kid
...there is mention in Arsenal that they have been used to perform heists so I imagine the arms are somewhat useful

However by far the best use is to stuff them with C-12. grinbig.gif
psychophipps
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Aug 12 2008, 04:46 PM) *
...there is mention in Arsenal that they have been used to perform heists so I imagine the arms are somewhat useful

However by far the best use is to stuff them with C-12. grinbig.gif

Close, but no cee-gar! The best use in this regard is to have a rectangular plastic OD chest plate on them that reads "Front Towards Enemy". cyber.gif

Guard thugs are running towards our shadowrun group in an apartment block when they suddenly hear tinny J-pop. "Hey, Knuckles. Slow up a bit...", as a Busta-Movez (it's cooler with the "Z") prances around the corner and pirouettes a few times as it heads their way. They lower their guns as it's dance slows down and a child-like voice asks, "Will you play with me?" before the little robot stops with it's limbs spread out in an "X" shape. Suddenly the chest LEDs light up the plastic face plate of the claymore mine and a recording of our orc ganger yelling in his most intimidating voice, "STOP RIGHT THERE, BITCHES!"
Squinky
There are a couple things in arsenal that have arms, but aren't necessarily listed with the mechanical arm attribute. They obviously have them, but probably not to the degree that you could use them like the actual listed mechanical limbs (Cyber-limb upgrades etc. ).
HeavyMetalYeti
In my experience working for Uncle Sam, a claymore can damage what is behind it within a few meters. You dont have the penetration kind of damage as you do the front, but concussion damage and in this case the drones arms would no longer be connected to the drone that is flying backwards across the room. Sounds cool though.
psychophipps
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Aug 12 2008, 06:53 PM) *
In my experience working for Uncle Sam, a claymore can damage what is behind it within a few meters. You dont have the penetration kind of damage as you do the front, but concussion damage and in this case the drones arms would no longer be connected to the drone that is flying backwards across the room. Sounds cool though.

Ahh...I failed to describe it correctly. Our friendly neighborhood rigger had placed the claymore inside the chest area of the Busta Movez. We figured, correctly I might add, that just seeing a little children's robot prancing around would draw a lot less suspicion than a little children's robot prancing around holding a claymore mine. Besides, this is just cooler when it all spreads out it's arms and legs after it's dance and you can see the mine clearly.

Great camera footage of their faces as it dawns on them, too. wink.gif

And the back-up tazer? Just icing on the cake... *evil grin*
Wesley Street
QUOTE (raverbane @ Aug 9 2008, 02:58 PM) *
In the standard options for this drone. Shouldn't there also be listed 2 Mechanical Arms?

I believe the arms are too mechanically restricted and the power supply/torque/leverage/whatever too weak to allow them to do anything... but DANCE! Imagine a Teddy Ruxpin (or that bear from A.I.) trying to hold a pistol and you get the idea.
Oenone
Filling it with explosives, the giving it the Gecko Tip upgrade is a good way to do it.

You don't even have to blow it up, just make it cling on and threaten to detonate it unless someone does exactly what you say.
Delta56
Well, in the fluff of the drone, it says that hackers would program them while they were on the shelf and after ours clear out the till or otherwise rob the store and then bring the goods to the hacker through the airvent. Now, assuming the hacker isn't in the basement, the drone would have to climb to get to into the vent, so I would assume it would be strong enough to lift twice its own weight (self plus goods) to get away.

While, I guess it would count has having the mechanical arms, as a DM, I would say it would have to have Busta-Movez sized weapons.
Cadmus
Only if the busta-movez sized weapons are loaded with golden BB's ...what? all Runners know its comming for them *grin*
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Delta56 @ Aug 13 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Well, in the fluff of the drone, it says that hackers would program them while they were on the shelf and after ours clear out the till or otherwise rob the store and then bring the goods to the hacker through the airvent. Now, assuming the hacker isn't in the basement, the drone would have to climb to get to into the vent, so I would assume it would be strong enough to lift twice its own weight (self plus goods) to get away.

While, I guess it would count has having the mechanical arms, as a DM, I would say it would have to have Busta-Movez sized weapons.

A Tickle-Me-Elmo doll can pick itself up and move around, so I could see Bust-A-Move robbery but only if the objects being stolen were equal to its weight or less. When I think Mechanical Arms I think of something that can hold a metahuman-sized weapon or object or greater. Of course that's all up to the GM. Or when Evo begins marketing pixie-sized gear.
raverbane
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Aug 14 2008, 11:26 AM) *
A Tickle-Me-Elmo doll can pick itself up and move around, so I could see Bust-A-Move robbery but only if the objects being stolen were equal to its weight or less. When I think Mechanical Arms I think of something that can hold a metahuman-sized weapon or object or greater. Of course that's all up to the GM. Or when Evo begins marketing pixie-sized gear.

From Arsenal under the listing for Mechanical Arms "As a guideline, assume that the Strength of the grapple/arm is the vehicle’s Body. The length of a mechanical arm/grapple is Body x 10 centimeters (5 centimeters for microdrones)."

Seems pretty reasonable for a Bust-A-Move.
Wesley Street
So basically what I said. biggrin.gif Thanks for the in-rules confirmation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012