Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photo Shoot
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bofh
One of the group I play with is also taking a photography class. Wendy Eberhardt's project is a Shadowrun run. She planned it out (storyboarded) and asked for volunteers. I snagged the gear I had in the house and my wife was nice enough to get a mid-sized trenchcoat from the local Salvation Army. The weapons pictured were only used in shots taken at her house. She got permission to go to a parking garage downtown and shoot the outside pics.

She has scheduled the decker to drop by my place next Saturday to get a couple of decking shots (I have a lot of computer gear for a Street Sam biggrin.gif ).

http://schelin.org/20080802/gallery.php

My wife got some additional pictures which I haven't populated the web site with yet.

Carl
Aaron
bofh.karma++;

But for the Naruto, it would have been two. =i)
AngelisStorm
Same here. Cool photos; cry about the random Naruto. frown.gif
VagabondStar
finger straight and off the trigger!

The Naruto Headband works. It could be a retro thing in 2070. Maybe Naruto will seem high quality and stimulating when compared to the basic programming of 2070.

Seriously, awesome idea. Good execution.
PBTHHHHT
Yeah, the naruto headband got a groan out of me. Well, missed Otakon this year so I missed out on a lot of naruto cosplayers, thank gawd.

Oh, what were the weapons shown in the pictures? Are you guys that well armed as a shadowrun group, remember it's just a game. wink.gif I kid, I kid.
sunnyside
Hopefully their grader doesn't mind Naruto.

But still very cool!
imperialus
Very nice job.

I bet you got some strange looks.
ShadeRavnos
Excelent idea and those are some great shots(I've done some photography in my time) The B&W are nice, really gives it the look from the books.
bofh
I had to look up Naruto smile.gif

Me: I snagged a pair of my fingerless motorcycle gloves (actually two different ones at that smile.gif ), one of my hats, my Joe Rocket motorcycle jacket (padded shoulders, elbows, and a back pad), and the trenchcoat Rita picked up. On the table, the little "commlink" to the left is mine as well. It's a Radio Shack TRS-80 PC-4 from 1984 or so smile.gif

First pic: Wendy's sister and her boyfriend. The guns are plastic.

Table pic: Except for the two plastic guns from the first pic, the rest of the weapons are real. The guy with the beard on the right owns them. (Well except for the Katana in my hands. That's mine. Cheap one from a con but I like it smile.gif ).

We did get a couple of strange looks. In part because it had reached 100* downtown that day. In general I was ok (I had all the extra gear on). In the garage scene, I was starting to sweat a little. At the table though sweat was pouring off of me. Bad enough that it was getting in my eyes and I couldn't see well. Since I ride a motorcycle and either an Aerostich suit or full leathers, I'm aware when I need to shed the gear so no danger there smile.gif

I thought the pics came out real well. The one of the three of us in the alley was a tad dark but I'm not making the shots. The one of the mirror in the garage was my idea smile.gif The woman "bystander" is my wife who got sucked in by accident. She was just coming along to hang out and Wendy snagged her for one of the shots. The guy next to her is Wendy's boyfriend.

Carl
Squinky
I can't help it....I gotta say it....

"She could guard my meat anytime" smile.gif

Sorry.

Moving on. Cool stuff, My favorites are the non public ones, they seem to have a better sense of composition to me. Might be the closer view, but just my opinion. My favorite is the third one, makes me wanna draw up a version of it smile.gif

And dude, you look badass smile.gif Although I would have taken you to be an adept.
Caine Hazen
Look real nice, hopefully the guys at Scramble this year look that good wink.gif

Need to get yourselves some Predators now to round out the look of things. grinbig.gif
crash2029
I gotta agree with everybody else, that is totally badass. Kudos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012