Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a Jackal looking for some old friends
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
[jackal]
Eh, looked at the different threads and this seemed about as right a place as any to post. Mostly looking for where most the people from back in the heyday of irc dumpshock went to. Seeing who remembers me and seeing if I still remember them. I was the typo prone goof that went by the name of Jackal and made a point to give Adam, Bull, and pretty much everyone else a hard time at every possible opportunity.

Having a look around to see if anyone has been doing any IRC gaming anymore. Mostly been into Shadowrun 3rd, 4th, and Exalted 1st and 2nd these days but its mostly just me collecting and reading books now and not so much of actually playing them.

- Jackal
De Badd Ass
QUOTE ([jackal] @ Aug 11 2008, 03:30 AM) *

Eh, looked at the different threads and this seemed about as right a place as any to post. Mostly looking for where most the people from back in the heyday of irc dumpshock went to. Seeing who remembers me and seeing if I still remember them. I was the typo prone goof that went by the name of Jackal and made a point to give Adam, Bull, and pretty much everyone else a hard time at every possible opportunity.

Having a look around to see if anyone has been doing any IRC gaming anymore. Mostly been into Shadowrun 3rd, 4th, and Exalted 1st and 2nd these days but its mostly just me collecting and reading books now and not so much of actually playing them.

- Jackal

Try this server: us.undernet.org.
/join #s-run

Bull
Jackie! Whats up man?? smile.gif Miss ya!

Drop me a private message, let me know whats been going on with you smile.gif

Bull
Caine Hazen
Definately miss seeing you around, the old gangs have divided up into multiple irc channels. I log in occasionally to some. drop me a line if you wanna know the wheres... wish we had the old place back, but it doesn't look like it'll happen.
[jackal]
I've actually been looking around at IRC hosting just out of curiosity but haven't found quite what I'm looking for just yet. I've looked at a few things and to possibility of built in dice bots but those always seem flaky to me. As for what I've been up to?

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

About 3 or 4 years ago I moved from Jacksonville, FL to Fairview Heights, IL (That's in the Metro East area just outside of St. Louis, MO). Kept working for Sherwin-Williams after the move. Got into World of Warcraft on the horde side. Went back to college. Got out of playing World of Warcraft and then quit college. Moved from an apartment to a house. Got back into World of Warcraft on the Alliance side. Met a cool chick in the Warcraft guild I that I was co-running at the time and we became good friends. Transferred from one store to work at a different store further away working more hours for the same pay. Discovered that cool gamer chick was quickly becoming more than just friends with me. Got fed up with work and went back to college to get a degree in business management. Transferred back to the old store to better focus on school and on the new found relationship. Gamer chick moved up here with me and we got married on August 1st this year. We're working on getting her up to speed with Shadowrun. She's already been initiated into Munchkin (I have all of the sets for regular munchkin) and Zombie Fluxx. wink.gif

That's mostly everything. Gaming has been dead for me outside of video games due to time constraints. I'm working on changing that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012