Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karma Generation Clarification request
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jhaiisiin
So I've tried dredging through the existing threads, and frankly, some of the information I'm looking for has either eluded me or is buried amongst arguments and conjecture.

So we all recognize that Karma Gen as it's written creates stronger characters as a rule. The finer points of that are the source of contention, and frankly, I don't want to see that argument drawn up again here.

The one issue I'm lookin' for clarification on is regarding the allocated karma for Attributes. 1/2 of your starting karma, I understand. Getting an additional amount equal to twice your metatype's BP cost is where I get confused. These are extra points? Or is this just from the original starting pool, increasing the amount from that pool that can be allocated towards attributes? If the latter, is it expected that a spirit can use *ALL* of it's karma on attributes alone? (No one would, just sayin' that's odd) An AI can use almost 70% of their total in that case. Talk about attribute heavy toons, right?

Also, when spending for attributes, does this include Edge and Magic/Force/Resonance or not? BP didn't, just clarifying whether Karma counts them in that total or not.

That should be my only questions on this for now. Rest of it seems to make a decent amount of sense...
Oenone
I think it's the amount you can spend which goes up, giving them free points wouldn't make much sense. Especially not with say an AI which costs a lot of BP but can raise the stats it has really rather cheaply.
Ancient History
It's just the cap on how much you can spend on attributes that goes up.
Jhaiisiin
Cool, and does Karma Gen include Edge or Magic when totaling the attributes?
tsuyoshikentsu
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 13 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Cool, and does Karma Gen include Edge or Magic when totaling the attributes?

Off the top of my head, no.
Jhaiisiin
That's what I think, but it doesn't say, and it does include Edge in the paragraph about attributes. Hence my confusion.
Ryu
I understood half karma for ALL attributes, edge and magic included. Should still be enough for anyone, at least at the suggested level.
Jhaiisiin
Oh, I agree it should be plenty for all of them. I just like having things crystal clear. smile.gif
bmcoomes
I read it to include the special attributes at one half karma total with more point from the total for your metatype at BPx2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012