Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Designs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cadmus
Title is it, Tell us, What are your fav custom drones? We have lots of weapon threads But with allt he new gear what are your drone designs? Fun for the rigger and non rigger, Your gun bunny have a really nice sniper rifle? well what if that rifle could fly? smile.gif Tell us about you designs, the fun ones, the cheap ones, the costly ones, the weird ones, grinbig.gif

In one thread posts in the last few days a person mentioned one of those dancing doll drones that explodes, points for style right there smile.gif becouse the dancing teddy is so much cooler then just an exploding dragon fly <evil laugh>

Wasabi
1. Drone Autosofts with the Program Option "Optimization 1" so they can run at their full rating even on a non-security drone. (Optimization Program Options are in Unwired, pg115)
2. Smuggler compartments lined with antiwireless paint and gas hand grenades. Then use the wireless at signal 0 to detonate the gas grenades. Needless to say, airtight seal should NOT be bought.
3. Dragonfly microdrones with the Autosoft Profession: Medicine to cut off fingertips and carry them to a fingerprint reader.
4. ECCM program with the Ergonomic program option (Unwired, pg114) so it doesn't count against the program limits on the node. Every drone wants to resist getting jammed, right? Note that for non-Nexi Ergonomic may only be used once since commlinks and drones have a persona limit of 1.
5. Sensor Software at rating 6 with the Program Option "Optimization 3" so they run at full rating on any drone.
6. Nonstandard Wireless Link 6's on EV-ER-Y-THING (Unwired, p196)
7. Customized Interface on the drone for +1 Matrix Initiative (Unwired, p197)
8. Response Enhancer 6 for +6 to Matrix Initiative (Unwired, p197)
9. Smuggler Compartments with Mesh Tags to use to bridge coverage in wireless deadzones. (Unwired, p199)
masterofm
20 kilograms of R16 foam plastic explosives and a roto-drone. You mold it around a roto-drone and paint it to look like a really really big bumble bee (or really anything you care to make it look like.) Then watch as it blows up buildings or anything tailing you (and possibly your own get away vehicle if you don't time it right.)

I-balls with neurostun and a fake speaker are always nice. Goons think it's actually a distraction until it's nappy nap time.

For my rigger I had wireless usage and if they ever got hacked and went all wiggy then they had a infared sensor that was set to read morris code (really really fast morris code) that was transmitted by smartlink that had a hardline response. One command would completely shut down the drone, one would reboot the drone, it would no longer accept wireless transmissions, and would only use hardwired friend or foe recognition with visual conformation only before firing to prevent hacking.

On my more pricier drones I had two linked response chips. Since as a rigger I never actually entered my drones I had the first r6 chip loaded with four r6 ICE. 1 r6 ICE had scan and heal while the other 3 just had blackhammer. The instructions the ICE had was to blackhammer any incoming transmission no matter what since all of my transmissions where never cold or hotsim. If the hacker ever went hot sim trying to hack the drone and was found out they would be in a load of hurt. There were some other nasty tricks I had with my drones and most of them didn't have any uniform defense, so it was harder for hackers or anyone else to understand what threats each drone had.

Roto-drones with holograms are nice, especially if you use it in tandem with explosives "Well you should probably take my offer or else you won't live to see the light of day."

My rigger also made a droid and gave it that bio coating to make it look exactly him, which he controlled remotely through the comlink attached to the droid.
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 14 2008, 03:24 AM) *
4. ECCM program with the Ergonomic program option (Unwired, pg114) so it doesn't count against the program limits on the node. Every drone wants to resist getting jammed, right? Note that for non-Nexi Ergonomic may only be used once since commlinks and drones have a persona limit of 1.

Unless they have already Errata'd Unwired, it's Process Limit, not Persona Limit. For all devices except Nexi, this is equal to Response.

As an interesting aside: you can't load a program sans an Option by RAW, so Ergonomic actually creates a second program load track that has a hard cap instead of the normal soft cap. Bloody weird if you ask me.

You can make all of the Payloads of all loaded Agents completely Ergonomic (you can add a number of Ergonomic programs to an Agent equal to its Payload), making Agent spamming easier than ever. You can also make agents Ergonomic. Whilst not as Agent Smith as the Replicate autosoft, this is still pretty excessive and makes the game significantly less fun through weight of numbers.

This musing is irrelevent to the topic at hand. Just got me thinking about Ergonomic and its oddities.
Wasabi
An Agent is neither a Common or Hacking program. Its an Agent/Pilot/IC program so I'd say agents cannot by RAW have Ergonomic themselves.
Quite right on the rest though, I had misread it apparently. That'll make sensor software easy to fit onto commlinks!

Is there a rule somewhere that says how many Pilots can be loaded on a Drone?
Is there a rule somewhere that says Pilots MUST be loaded on a drone?

I ask because of the Profession Autosoft. smile.gif
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 14 2008, 05:38 AM) *
An Agent is neither a Common or Hacking program. Its an Agent/Pilot/IC program so I'd say agents cannot by RAW have Ergonomic themselves.
Quite right on the rest though, I had misread it apparently. That'll make sensor software easy to fit onto commlinks!

Is there a rule somewhere that says how many Pilots can be loaded on a Drone?
Is there a rule somewhere that says Pilots MUST be loaded on a drone?

I ask because of the Profession Autosoft. smile.gif

D'oh, oversight on the Program type of Agents/Pilots/IC. Equally, they're neither Autosoft nor Simsense, so Optimisation doesn't work for them, either.

By RAW, I don't think there's a limitation on the number of Pilots. Most GMs will rule only a single one as working, though.
Prime Mover
Capt. Noodles our teams Bust-A-Move. A creepy doll our Clown/Hacker has slowly customized. Standard doll with micro tools and dataline tap for accessing sealed or hardwired nodes via locks, cameras etc. An agent with an odd set of script and nearly AI like mannerisms. Use him to direct fire and take point in enclosed spaces. "Be my friend.....BooM!"

>I hate that creepy F@#$ing doll ! And dude clown is not race no matter what your profile says !
>Hozz
Stahlseele
not my design, but in a game i played, the rigger wore one of those trashcan-lip-drones disguised as a sombrero and hat another micro-drone run around on top of it singing the speedy gonzales theme . . no, they did not do anything in game, they were just a nice little gimmick *g*
Cadmus
I love the hat
gtjormungand
Where is antiwireless paint detailed?
ravensoracle
I have started playing a Rigger with a subplot of tryig to start his own Vehicle/Drone development company. His current project is developing Powered Armors that operates as a vehicle or drone. He sees a possible market thru various military or high threat response teams.

This is only a dream of his though and his shadow activities are funding it at the moment. Currently his prototype is a Heavily Modified Horseman that has Mechanical Arms and Walker Adaptation. I have yet to run with the prototype but I hope to do so soon.
Wasabi
QUOTE (gtjormungand @ Aug 15 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Where is antiwireless paint detailed?

Unwired, pg201
"Wireless Negating Paint, per can (30 m2 coverage)"
Oenone
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading an Emotitoy to act as an emotionally triggered bomb.

Simply stick it on a wall as you're making your escape and when the angry/stressed/etc corpsec team charges past it goes kaboom.

Another version of the plan involved converting it to have facial recognition software instead of empathy and posting it to targets as a gift. Doesn't really work unless the target isn't very bright or unless you're going via their family/friends which is /somewhat/ cruel, but then who said people who do wetwork are all that nice?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012