Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charactor Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mickey_hardcase
I've been useing Daegann's Charactor Generator for SR4 v2. I love the software (took a little while to get used to it) but I have not seen an update for any book published after "Majic in the Shadow's".

Is there anything else out there to use?
Cang
I love using deagann's and i have updated it for arsenal (was doing augmentation but my computer exploded). I also added some qualities that are in unwired. If you want it i can email it to you.
Cang
Or if you don't trust me. Try this link.
mickey_hardcase
QUOTE (Cang @ Aug 14 2008, 01:18 PM) *
I love using deagann's and i have updated it for arsenal (was doing augmentation but my computer exploded). I also added some qualities that are in unwired. If you want it i can email it to you.

Sure I'm game. how do you update it yourself? Do I need to be a programmer or is there a database somewhere that I can just type in new entries?
mickey_hardcase
QUOTE (Cang @ Aug 14 2008, 01:20 PM) *

I did try this link and I cannot open an RAR file, whats that?
Jhaiisiin
It's a compressed file similar to ZIP file, but openable by a program called WinRAR
Cang
extract it with winrar .
Matsu Kurisu
QUOTE (Cang @ Aug 14 2008, 01:20 PM) *

Many thanks on doing the legwork!
Have down loaded and files look good!!
AllTheNothing
You can try this

Upgraded Character Generator

It's an excel file and it's not final but it's growing, it's being developed by fellow dumpshockers and it can have a use for one more betatester.

Just give it a shot, it's not addictive and has no ill effect on the user.
Tyro
Is there a generator anywhere which supports karmagen?

[edit:] NM, I just looked at the "Upgraded Character Generator" and it says it supports Karma. Thank you Dumpshock!
Baszz
Hey there Cang.

I'm a big fan of the 4th ed shadowrun, and the generator you've posted here that you were working on updating is primo as far as I can see. Only problem is that it isnt updated for all the new catalyst books that are screaming off their presses. you mentioned you were working on it. would you mind sharing with me the gneral secrects by which you were editing the main program base. As id like to take the time to update all the base races that are present in all the new books, the metas, the submetas, and all the new critters.

If you could get back to me on this, that would rock. If you dont have that info, perhaps you could direct me to the orginal author so that i can hit them up for anyupdates or info of thier willing to let a fan boy like myself help with updates. thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012