Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer Lists
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raverbane
It was slow at work and I had my laptop with me. This can be a dangerous thing...

I am toying about with the idea of a technomancer sort of script kiddie. A character that has little to no actual hacking ability himself, but relies on Sprites.

Not wanting to come up with a cheezy homegrown stream, I wanted to see which stream had the sprites that covered the most skills. So, I made a couple of charts for my own use. I am a visual kinda simple fella and likes charts and graphs.

Since I went to the trouble of making them, I decided to post them for you folks' amusement and contemplation.

http://www.geocities.com/raverbane/sprite_gear_list.doc

http://www.geocities.com/raverbane/stream_gear_list.doc

These arent meant to include every aspect of the sprites, such as powers. But, you will get the idea.
Oenone
Might just be my machine, but the lines don't quite match up with the X's.

Having them all listed in one place would be rather nice. As I know I found swapping between pages trying to figure out which programs each could access via sprites was annoying.
raverbane
QUOTE (Oenone @ Aug 16 2008, 08:33 PM) *
Might just be my machine, but the lines don't quite match up with the X's.

I just did the sheets on Windows Word. Nothing complicated or braintesting.. hehe
raverbane
I also did a set of cheat sheets with stats for all the sprites, the descriptions for all the powers and autosofts.

I dont want to post it tho, seems like too much info for something that isnt in the rulebook and wouldn't want to give out too much info without folks getting the books or PDFs... hehe
Oenone
QUOTE (raverbane @ Aug 17 2008, 02:54 AM) *
I just did the sheets on Windows Word. Nothing complicated or braintesting.. hehe

That might be it then, I was running it in Open Office.
Zaranthan
Did you line up that chart with spaces? That's what the problem is. Word has a table tool. Very simple to use, and lines everything up perfectly. Use that. Or, use tabs. They're in fixed intervals and every word processor out there these days uses the same tab stops.
raverbane
I used tabs for it, but Word can be a finicky thing.. hehe
Wasabi
raverbane, it says its in the font Calibri and openoffice people may not have that Word 2007 font. Does it look right to you in Arial?
(although it looks fine to me!)

smile.gif
hobgoblin
it may be abusing a app for something its not designed for, but i would be tempted to use a spreadsheet for stuff like this...

but then i find spreadsheets nice for a whole lot of tasks. and it do not have to involve numbers...
raverbane
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 17 2008, 06:16 PM) *
raverbane, it says its in the font Calibri and openoffice people may not have that Word 2007 font. Does it look right to you in Arial?
(although it looks fine to me!)

smile.gif

For folks that are having issues with the font. I went and editted the docs. They are now Arial
Wasabi
I'm just glad he made the bloody thing. It rocks!

(Yeah, I know... its just lists but it saved me thr trouble of doing my own and for that I'm truly and sincerely grateful!)
raverbane
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 17 2008, 08:33 PM) *
I'm just glad he made the bloody thing. It rocks!

(Yeah, I know... its just lists but it saved me thr trouble of doing my own and for that I'm truly and sincerely grateful!)

Hehe, I am glad that some other poor soul was able to benefit from my slow pizza day... smile.gif
Oenone
That works much better now!

And is really rather good. Even if it does show that the TM I've made is actually using one of the 'worst' streams in terms of what complex forms you get from the sprites. Thankfully Networkers get two of the nicest Sprite powers, which takes the sting out of it a little bit.
raverbane
For the character idea I am working on, his concept and outlook works best with Technoshamans. Which, luckily, has just about everything covered. I will probably pick up Spirit Link: Tutor along the way. Tutor sprites are just too darned nice not to have.

This will also help when putting together NPC's for the sessions I run. (Me and another of the players trade off running between story-arcs).
Zaranthan
Gorgeous, darling! Absolutely gorgeous!

Though, the first line in the sprite file is still lined up with spaces, it DOES at least line up. smile.gif Good work, and good show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012