Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arctype Math
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cyntax
Let me start off by saying that I have the most recent printing of the core rules. That said I am confused by the point spends on the example characters in the book. None of them seem to add up to 400BP. Am I missing something or have my math skills degraded that far?
Oenone
I'm fairly sure they're all different costs.

That being said I would only use them as a guideline anyway, they're not ideal for actually playing with as characters.
Glyph
Actually, they do add up nicely to 400. They break down the costs for you, too, by race, then Attributes (they include the special Attributes in this total), then active skills, then knowledge skills (note that these are the free points, and none of the archetypes spend any actual BPs from the 400 point total on them), then the net increase or decrease from qualities, then the BP spent on gear & lifestyle, and contacts. Some also spend points on things such as spells or complex forms.

The only BP mistakes are that they didn't double the cost of social skills for the Enforcer and Hacker Archetypes, like you are supposed to for the Uncouth quality, and they gave the Radical Eco-Shaman double the normal bonus points for the spirit bane flaw (which should only be worth 10, not 20). And the Face shouldn't be able to afford that limo any longer (they fixed the prices in the erratta, but still let the face keep hers at the "old" price).

For the most part, the BP totals add up, though. You might either be missing one of the places where they have BPs listed, or be counting the knowledge skills onto the total.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012