Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about Drakes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Camwyn
OK, First post here (although I've been browsing for a while)

We are starting a new game via skype to bring the old group together. With the new book out, a boatload of possibilities have opened up!

I've been creating a character with the latent dracomorphosis quality (hoping to be able to actually keep it a surprise for the other players due to not meeting in person) but have a few questions:

Old rules: drakes can only take delta-grade.

New rules state: "Drakes can accept any augmentation, but only in their human form. These implants do not carry over to their dracoform, but aren’t expelled by the body—they simply disappear and their bonuses are not available while the character is in dracoform. There is no known augmentation currently available for dracoforms."

Am I reading this right? Drakes can have basic cyber/bio/gene etc?

The cost for drake/latent drake is a racial cost, not a positive quality? (and therefore does not apply to the 35BP max) The book only specifically states "The Drake quality does not count against a character’s limit of 35 BP worth of Positive qualities at character generation." (note this specifically rules out latent drake by my rules-lawyer-ish reading)

All drakes breathe fire (elemental attack) and to change this to something different you have to pay 15 karma. No BP cost means you can't start with anything else (unless you use the alternate karma creation system)

There's more, but I have to head to work...
Ancient History
Yes, drakes can take any grade of implant - you just can't use them when in your dracoform.

No, drakes don't have a "racial cost" - the Drake quality simply doesn't count against your 35 BP limit for qualities at chargen (note that with Latent Dracomorphosis, you still have to pay for it when you eventually become a drake).

Yes, all drakes start out with Elemental Attack (Fire). There's a fluffy reason why you can change the element.
Jhaiisiin
Any chance you could point in the direction of said fluff? I'm curious about that reasoning.

And with paying for the full drake quality during play, that's still 2xBP in karma, right?
Ancient History
Minus the cost of the Latent Dracomorphosis quality - it's in the quality description.

Re: the Fluff -> Dragons.pdf. Check the bit about dragons changing their breath weapons.
Jhaiisiin
Thanks, AH I'll check it when I'm back at a computer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012