Agility F+1
Reaction F
Intuition F
Logic F
Charisma F
Willpower F
Edge F

Qualities: Magician, Focused Concentration,

Powers: Regeneration, Immunity to Normal Weapons, Inhabitation, Aura Masking, Natural Weapon (Bite, STR/2+1 P) Banishing Resistance, Compulsion (Wear me on your Arm), Mystic Armor, Search, Sapience, Infection (Puppet Vampiric Virus)

Weaknesses: Vulnerability (Purest Carpathian Wood)

Spells: Control Actions (Touch Range), Bat Form (Touch Range, Self Only), Mind Probe (Self Only, Limited Effect - must bite target)

Formerly Vlad the Impaler's puppet, this malevolent vampire-spirit possessed puppet seeks out its true love and female counterpart Little Lizzy so that they can bring about an Eternal Night of Blood. Fortunately, he is incapable of moving under his own power and must be worn by a puppeteer. He is capable of turning other handpuppets into sub-sentient vampire puppet minions with his Infection Power.
Ed_209a
Wow. _Last_ place I expected to see a Middleman reference...

Nice!
hyzmarca
A surprisingly large number of Middleman episodes can be reproduced in Shadowrun.

The Pilot Episode Sanction - Cyberneticly enhanced gorillas with stirrup implants
The Accidental Occidental Conception - A Free Earth Elemental, an Astral Quest, and a normal kid of the correct bloodline.
The Sino-Mexican Revelation - Adepts, lots of adepts, and a diamond-powered laser cage (a reasonable technology given the existence of the laser axe). The Wu-Han Thumb of Death can be represented by Killing Hands and many levels of critical strike, combined with several other Adept Powers.
The Manticoid Teleportation Conundrum - Almost impossible, due to the importance of teleportation to the plot. It can, however, be used as an Astral Quest. If you get rid of the teleportation you have a basic Most Dangerous Game plot with bonus racism and the Manticoids can be replaced with Shapeshifters or surgically modified Sasquatches.
The Flying Fish Zombification - A paracritter with awakened venom that gives people super strength and makes them crave trout. It's very simple, indeed.
The Boyband Superfan Interrogation - If you downplay the aliens and the teleportation, it is perfectly doable. I'd do it with Insect Spirits, myself. That makes the most sense.
The Cursed Tuba Contingency - Really, nothing has to be changed at all.
The Ectoplasmic Panhellenic Investigation - Endowment, Astral Gateway, and Possession. Simple.
The Obsolescent Cryogenic Meltdown - Cryogenics is reasonable, but leonization can be substituted. The meltguns can just be a variety of laser.
And, of course, you've already seen my take on The Vampiric Puppet Lamentation.
DTFarstar
I was excited I was hoping this was going to be a character critique for a character built using the RC Free Spirit rules, unless I am completely wrong, this looks like a little more than 400 BP worth of spirit.

Chris
hyzmarca
QUOTE (DTFarstar @ Aug 20 2008, 12:40 PM) *
I was excited I was hoping this was going to be a character critique for a character built using the RC Free Spirit rules, unless I am completely wrong, this looks like a little more than 400 BP worth of spirit.

Chris

That spirit's stats are perfectly doable with karmagen, though its power set is not. I intended this to be a NPC threat made using classic Free Spirit rules, because The Middleman is awesome.

I'll do a 400 BP critique later. I've got work to do at the moment.
Oenone
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Aug 20 2008, 02:37 PM) *
The Flying Fish Zombification - A paracritter with awakened venom that gives people super strength and makes them crave trout. It's very simple, indeed.

That is possibly the most awesome idea for a paracritter I've ever seen. I might well have to include one in the next game session I GM.
Ryu
I´m running an ED-connection campaign. I forsee my players finding an artefact...
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Oenone @ Aug 20 2008, 03:10 PM) *
That is possibly the most awesome idea for a paracritter I've ever seen. I might well have to include one in the next game session I GM.

Peruvian Flying Pike

Strength 5
Body 4
Agility 3
Reaction 2
Charisma 2
Intuition 2
Logic 1
Willpower 3

Essence 6
Magic 2

Movement Rate 15/45 (swimming and flying)

Skills
Unarmed Combat 2
Intimidation 3
Dodge 2
Perception 5
Infiltration 5
Shadowing 6
Swimming 6
Flight 4

Powers
Venom (Peruvian Flying Pike Venom*)
Enhanced Senses (Smell)

The Pervian Flying Pike is a rare yet deadly endangered ambush predator from the rivers of Peru. It's prefered prey is trout, but it has been known to attack metahumans when hungry. It is capable of low-altitude flight over both water and land in all directions and can hover indefinitely. A Peruvian Flying Pike Venom antidote can be extracted from the penial gland of a live Peruvian Flying Pike.

*Peruvian Flying Pike Venom

Vector: Injection, Ingestion.
Power: 12
Effects: +20 Strength (uncapped), (Enhanced Senses (Smell), Severe Addiction to trout (see description)*, -5 Logic (minimum 1), -2 Intuition (minimum 1), Pallid Complextion, Inability to Sleep, Heart Attack (see description), Total Insensitivity to Pain (as Pain Editor).

A person who is bitten by a Peruvian Flying Pike or ingests its venom becomes a trout craving zombie, though not in the undead sense. The effects of the venom greatly increase metahuman strength while decreasing mental faculties. Furthermore, a person afflicted by this venom has such a severe craving for trout that they will stop at nothing to get it and will even kill friends and lovers for the stuff. To do anything other than seek out trout to eat requires a Willpower (6) test. Furthermore, the venom causes the victim's heartrate to increase by 1/2 beat per minute every 1005 seconds. Once the victim's heartrate passes 250 BPM, he must make a Body (Heartrate/100 (round down)) test every 200/heartrate hours or else suffer a heart attack.

There is some anecdotal evidence that Peruvian Flying Flyign Pike Venom injected directly into the spine can result in permanent immunity to pain, though this is more likely to result in death.
Sir_Psycho
Must. Eat. Trout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012