Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kenny26
hi there dumpshockers. i need help (again) regarding cyberware.
my question this time is about cyberware that ends with an "s".
like hands razors and cyberskates.

i don't know if the stats given in the books are for one set of razors (i.e. one hand) or two sets (for both hands).
this is especially troubling when a character has one cyberlimb.

so my question is: does the stats cover such cyberware in pairs?
does the ECU cost of cyberskates count for both legs?

thanks in advance. smile.gif
Otaku On Acid
Typically hand razors and spurs are just for one limb. The plural in hand razors come from the fact that you're getting multiple blades installed, one in each finger. However, for cyber skates, considering that they would be useless with just one, I would rule that you get a pair. Just use your common sense.
Otaku On Acid
as for the ecu, yeah I would just spread it half over each limb. A better question however, is why your gm letting a new player use M&M.
TheScamp
A better question however, is why your gm letting a new player use M&M.

Maybe because the other players have access to it as well? I mean, suggesting that he shouldn't is kind of like saying that the new guy needs to use the basic combat rules when everyone else is doing shit like searching autofire, adding goodies to their armor, and using martial arts maneuvers.
Lantzer
Oddly enough, I'd never consisdered that Cyberskates ECU was split between 2 feet.
I figured that if they wanted to split it, they would have said so as:

ECU: 1 each

or some such. I do dislike how much space the retractable buggers take up, though
I could see why they might, from a realistic point of view. I guess they retract into your calf, not your foot. Sort of like Jacks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012