Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evening out the free spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
Hmm, I find free spirits PC a bit unbalanced, but not in playability but in attributes and giving them an easier access to powers but not creating edge monsters.

I know it's "technically" correct that their force limit their attributes but some things just feels wrong out of playability.

1. Lower their points to 200
2. Spirit Power Points are now an attribute that starts at 2
3. Spirit Power Points are not capped by magic rating, only the effect and the amount of active powers.

A F3 spirit with 3 across the board and 6 points of spirit powers would cost:

Race: 200
Attributes: 100
Spirit Powers: 55
Total: 355

45 points left to play with for contacts and skills.

The spirit has 6 spirit powers but can only have 3 of them active at once and they are capped in effect by the spirits force (Concealment would give a -3D6 to perception.

Starmage21
so youre house-ruling a character option thats already extremely limited into something even more limited?
NightmareX
Hell, I limit them even more - PC free spirits are not allowed. Problem solved wink.gif
The Jopp
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Aug 22 2008, 02:23 PM) *
so youre house-ruling a character option thats already extremely limited into something even more limited?

No im not actually.

Im adding more options.

They can still have higher force but they have to buy powers separately and the quality is cheaper. End result is 5 points more expensive but you dont HAVE to have a F6 and Edge 6 in order to have 6 points of spirit powers.

You can have Edge 2 Force 6 and 6 points of spirit powers.

They are actually LESS limited now since they have more options.
treehugger
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 22 2008, 09:26 AM) *
Hell, I limit them even more - PC free spirits are not allowed. Problem solved wink.gif

Same here
No infected, no Dragon, No AI, No Free spirit.
Drake and Shapeshifter maybe
Starmage21
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 22 2008, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE (treehugger)
Same here
No infected, no Dragon, No AI, No Free spirit.
Drake and Shapeshifter maybe

Than why do either of you even bother posting, except to assholishly point out that "hey, we dont like the new options"? STFU already, we know. Youre not adding anything to this dicussion.

QUOTE (The Jopp)
No im not actually.

Im adding more options.

They can still have higher force but they have to buy powers separately and the quality is cheaper. End result is 5 points more expensive but you dont HAVE to have a F6 and Edge 6 in order to have 6 points of spirit powers.

You can have Edge 2 Force 6 and 6 points of spirit powers.

They are actually LESS limited now since they have more options.

So for 310 points you get Force 6 and 6 points of powers. I see where your maths are coming from now. Sorry I misunderstood.
NightmareX
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Aug 22 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Than why do either of you even bother posting, except to assholishly point out that "hey, we dont like the new options"? STFU already, we know. Youre not adding anything to this dicussion.

*starts into 4 page rant about how stifling criticism is bad and "this is a forum and that means everyone can post-and-play so long as they follow the rules. If you post it, we will comment - like it or not." ala this* rotfl.gif (at the irony)

Seriously, I posted because I've solved the problem in my own way and felt like saying so - and no you likely did not know. I can't speak for Treehugger, but I didn't intend to post any more than that. There are tons of people that post on threads and not add anything to the discussion. If having an opinion and stating it makes me an asshole so be it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012