Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help with an NPC.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
So I want to make a elven "dune walker" type. Likely an adept may be a mystic-adept. I have 2000 karma to spend on him hes going to be a big protagonist in Fields of Fire. So any ideas on what he needs. I want him to be at one with the Sahara and maybe even a sand mage. With out my books though I have BBB I am at a loss at how to build him. Any ideas Dumpshock?
Jhaiisiin
At 2k in karma, if you were using the Karma Gen system from RC you'd have an insanely powerful NPC. Is this meant to be killable by the PC's? If not, then don't worry about stats and handwave it. If so, then g'luck to your PC's because that's going to be a huge fight.

For example, a character with that much karma in the karma gen system could hard max every single one of his attributes, including Edge and Magic and spend less than 700 karma points in the process. So give this guy dice pools of 12-20+ on *everything* you want him to do, and call it good. If you *really* want an example of the character, I can put one together and post it for you, but expect it to be stupidly powerful.
Dumori
Yeah but the PCs are each 1000 karma and there's 11 and some of them have DPs of 22+ with HMGs and such. one 2000 karma NPC will be godly but that's the point I want him to be a legend in the Sahara and then they see him in action. I have SM with me now as well as the BBB but all my PDFs aren't on this PC.
BRodda
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 26 2008, 01:16 PM) *
Yeah but the PCs are each 1000 karma and there's 11 and some of them have DPs of 22+ with HMGs and such. one 2000 karma NPC will be godly but that's the point I want him to be a legend in the Sahara and then they see him in action. I have SM with me now as well as the BBB but all my PDFs aren't on this PC.

Is this for that ungodly desterwars "Fields of Fire" game you have going on? I've seen some of the player stats and equipment. I can probably chuck an NPC together for you if you need it still.
Dumori
By tomorrow ill have all my books. And my games not ungodly nyahnyah.gif its just high powered.
BRodda
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 26 2008, 01:48 PM) *
By tomorrow ill have all my books. And my games not ungodly nyahnyah.gif its just high powered.

No I ment ungodly in the "When we are done with this game the next one will be a strip mining operation to replaim all the spent uranium."

And I can put together that NPC and have it to you in PM in about 2 hours. I'm babysitting a test rig and I have all my PDFs at work on my laptop.
Dumori
smile.gif ha ha ha. I like that idea and thanks just a few powers/spells and skill would do.
BRodda
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 26 2008, 12:56 PM) *
smile.gif ha ha ha. I like that idea and thanks just a few powers/spells and skill would do.

Sent you the start of a very nasty little desert dweller. Not sure how many points I used up, but I think he is a great start to a "This is my home, you do not belong here" type of prime runner. You'll want to give him a few levels of Initiation to help make up for the points that I put in adept powers.
Apathy
How nasty could you make a desert free spirit with 750 karma KarmaGen rules plus 2000 karma? I'm thinking that high force would basically make him immune to everything but spells, and high counterspelling could make that difficult too.
Ryu
I´m thinking of a troll, physical mage, high initiate-degree. Customised Military Scout Armor, MMG on a Gyromount.
Rasumichin
I'm thinking of great form air spirits whipping up sandstorms...plus two or three points of deltaware (along with biocompatibility, adapsin and custom-designed cybersuites), adept powers and concealment spirits to make him nearly unspottable and as many foci as he can mask at one time, combined with bound spirits of man, buffing his sniping and stealth skills up to ungodly.

Plus sustenance and some of the spells going in the same direction.
Never sleeps, doesn't need food or water, just keeps going at 150 km/h with movement power and, of course, traceless walk.

Hmmm, someone with the survival skill required by the concept must be able to farm reagents like no tomorrow in that environment.
Give him an ally with enchanting skill and he can spam bound spirits like crazy.

A spirit strike force led by the ungodliest desert elf imaginable.
Dumori
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 27 2008, 01:55 AM) *
I'm thinking of great form air spirits whipping up sandstorms...plus two or three points of deltaware (along with biocompatibility, adapsin and custom-designed cybersuites), adept powers and concealment spirits to make him nearly unspottable and as many foci as he can mask at one time, combined with bound spirits of man, buffing his sniping and stealth skills up to ungodly.

Plus sustenance and some of the spells going in the same direction.
Never sleeps, doesn't need food or water, just keeps going at 150 km/h with movement power and, of course, traceless walk.

Hmmm, someone with the survival skill required by the concept must be able to farm reagents like no tomorrow in that environment.
Give him an ally with enchanting skill and he can spam bound spirits like crazy.

A spirit strike force led by the ungodliest desert elf imaginable.

That's more like what I'm after. Also one on my PCs will get mistaken for him as there both awakened elves who wonder the desert. This guy will help at first...
Rasumichin
For such a high-grade initiate as this guy's going to be, the attunement [device] metamagic actually becomes extremely useful.
Give him an environment-modified Barret, etched with orichalkum runes by himself, that provides (initiate grade/2) bonus dice instead of one of those boring smartlinks.
Along with enhance aim and analyze device, as well as increase Agility and the improved ability (longarms) power, we are looking at one hell of a sniper, probably even better than a maxed out elven -5 CZ.

Masking, centering, adept centering, invoking, cleansing and filtering are also obvious choices.
If you want even more metamagics, some counterspelling stuff like mirroring could be great.

Focus-wise, the average healing (3) spell lock for increased reflexes is mandatory, as well as a big-ass power focus, additional healing spell locks with a level as high as both of his drain stats and Agility, one more for combat sense, enhance aim...hm, about time we use spirits of man for additional buffs instead...
In any case, a high Logic attribute will be required to keep all these foci ative at the same time.
Then we also have additional conjuring foci that will not always be on, probably a monowhip focus for close combat (man, the amount of loot that guy could drop!)...you see where this leads.
masterofm
Give him a large power focus that is put into a small curved dagger that he wares at his hip. The counter spelling focus is woven into his cloak, and the amulet around his neck would be his summoning spell focus. The broach on the cloak is actually a r4 sustaining spell focus for increased reflexes, and a small coper band that he wares on his head is a r6 sustaining spell focus. High magic, high initiate grade, some kind of sand like mentor spirit, walks with a free great form spirit (level of your choosing.)

Spells for flava: clairvoyance, detect life extended, detect enemies, chaotic world, camouflage, sand storm, heal, preserve, fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012