Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Good and the bad with possession spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
I have several oddities that requires answers and I find none in the SR4 books.

Force is added to a drones Body & Armor.

I would assume that this also affect mechanical arms on drones as they would get Body+Force in strength.

What about healing then?

Powerbolts would hit on 4+ as they shoot against a vehicle. would there be two damage tracks then? One for vehicle and one for spirit?

Healing: Can the spirit heal the vessel it inhabits (a drone for exampel). ie will a healing test heal both the astral form and the physical form or should it be handled as ONE physical form and be a living creature (Treshold body for pwoerbolts) or vehicle (target 4+ for powerbolts).

Skill tests, how to handle?

Will it be Reaction+Handling+Skill instead of attribute for shooting with a firearm, dodge etc (if anthroform drone with arms).

How important are the spirit powers like Masking and Natural Form? For a spirit to be seen astrally by a magician can they more easily A: Trace B: Find its true name C: Find its Spirit Formula and capture it...

What if the possession spirit inhabits a metahuman, how should a player handle that?

Since the player have to buy the "body" in the case of drones should they perhaps pay for the race to get an "average" metahuman. Or should it be for free as they can jump bodies...

Even though they are not Inhabitation spirits they can still sit in a living body and a troll with +2 physical attributes 13/12 armor can be a pain...

Not to mention a troll with concealment, confusion and movement...

The funny thing is that the "body" would experience all this and be unable to do anything, a prisoner within its own shell.

And what about taking over a drone someone owns? It would still have an active antenna and wireless but unable to use its body as the spirit controls it.

EDIT:

It also says that a spirit cannot se AR but is that with their "natural" vision. Since they can use cybereyes, vision mods and cameras in bodys they inhibit can they read AR through these means then?
The Jopp
Nobody has a clue?
Squinky
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Aug 25 2008, 08:32 AM) *
I have several oddities that requires answers and I find none in the SR4 books.

Force is added to a drones Body & Armor.

I would assume that this also affect mechanical arms on drones as they would get Body+Force in strength.

I would agree.

What about healing then?

Powerbolts would hit on 4+ as they shoot against a vehicle. would there be two damage tracks then? One for vehicle and one for spirit?

Healing: Can the spirit heal the vessel it inhabits (a drone for exampel). ie will a healing test heal both the astral form and the physical form or should it be handled as ONE physical form and be a living creature (Treshold body for pwoerbolts) or vehicle (target 4+ for powerbolts).

I would think that if you are in a mechanical item, or one of the pre-made vessels in street magic, you would both take damage as it accrued, but in order to "heal" the drone or humonculus, you would need to repair it. The exception to this is a spirit with the regeneration ability.

Will it be Reaction+Handling+Skill instead of attribute for shooting with a firearm, dodge etc (if anthroform drone with arms).

I wouldn't think so, you would have it use its normal skills, since it isn't really driving the vehicle, just using its body as a means to get around.

What if the possession spirit inhabits a metahuman, how should a player handle that?

Since the player have to buy the "body" in the case of drones should they perhaps pay for the race to get an "average" metahuman. Or should it be for free as they can jump bodies...

I would say, if you are creating a free spirit, you create it as normal, then when the game starts you go and possess some poor bastard. Pretty much up to you and your gm.

Ryu
- One condition track based on the combined stats, both take full damage on their individual tracks after separation. See Street magic on possessed damage. Yes, separating ways can hurt.

- Count it as a vehicle, and transfer only the net damage at the end of the possession.

- Attribute+skill, with some logical restriction on possible movements? Response can be replaced with either Reaction or Agility, depending on the skill.

- Usual rules for drones, with either Reaction or Agility in place of response. Handling depends on the specific test.

How important are the spirit powers like Masking and Natural Form? For a spirit to be seen astrally by a magician can they more easily A: Trace B: Find its true name C: Find its Spirit Formula and capture it...
- Masking: Very important, but can be gained through initiation. Natural Form ist a must-have. A, B, C depend on good matrix perception rolls first, not exactly easy against a masked spirit, but they are ordered correctly.

- The GM should handle the possessed spirit, unless the spirit is the PC, according to the players orders. Much the same as with normal spirits.

- That sir is an evil thought. I assume something like a Dark Secret might give you such a body in my game.

Even though they are not Inhabitation spirits they can still sit in a living body and a troll with +2 physical attributes 13/12 armor can be a pain...
- Yes. The downside is: anyone who is prepared as a vessel is open game in the future. See involuntary possession.

Not to mention a troll with concealment, confusion and movement...
- Nothing to do with possession, but yes.

The funny thing is that the "body" would experience all this and be unable to do anything, a prisoner within its own shell.
- Funny. Hmm.

And what about taking over a drone someone owns? It would still have an active antenna and wireless but unable to use its body as the spirit controls it.
- Actually quite a problem, because the drone is carrying a working sensor suite, yes. Self-destruct funtions are nice here...

EDIT:

It also says that a spirit cannot se AR but is that with their "natural" vision. Since they can use cybereyes, vision mods and cameras in bodys they inhibit can they read AR through these means then?
- Who says that they can use cybereyes and the like?
Dumori
The rules saying they can use DNI say they can user cyber eyes and inertial comlinks.
Ryu
Ah, must check that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012