Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Podcast Interview with Peter Taylor (Synner) from Gencon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tiger Eyes
Peter gave a ton of interviews at GenCon. Here's one... Peter's bit starts at about 4.30 minutes. Interesting if you want to hear how Peter got started as the Line Developer, a bit about the meta-plots, including why SR4 has been (so far) "meta-plot light"... and how he plans to build into "big metaplots" -- there's some fun hints at 17:07... wink.gif

Listen Here

http://thebasicsofthegame.blogspot.com/

Listen to it for the info (and because Peter's got just the cutest accent).
Wesley Street
I really enjoyed this podcast. It was great end-of-the-day, finishing-up-a-work-project listening. Peter's enthusiasm for Shadowrun really shines and he doesn't just sound like a company pitch-man. I like how he started as an enthusiastic Dumpshocker who worked his way up to become the lead developer. It made me excited to be a Shadowrun player... and sorry that I sold my copy of Harlequin.

What's Peter's nation of origin? I couldn't place his accent.
Aaron
I believe he's a British ex-pat that's been living in Lisbon for a while. I think.
hobgoblin
i hate to say this but i can already see the old timers grabbing their pitchforks and torches.

not much of whats being said about setting will ease their minds imo...
Wesley Street
So the old-timers are going to pitchfork one of their own? Nice.
hobgoblin
believers are known to lynch heretics...

this given that im under the impression that they are very deep in the metaplot. something that i never got into that much. maybe its because i never found much interest in campaign books...
BRodda
Listened to it on my way to work. Great interview.

I however am not to keen on having "the painted one" and more Metaplots springing out of the woodwork again. I never ran any modules or had a GM use one and I'd rather see more sourcebooks. Ghostwalker anyone?

That said I'm more than happy to see the possible return of the Horrors. I love them as a plot device.

Still it's good to at least have a voice to go with Peter's posts.
Adarael
Peter's accent is 100% Tir Tairngire. The records have been faked. We all know he's the disgraced son of a Count out from Hell's Canyon.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Adarael @ Aug 26 2008, 07:06 PM) *
Peter's accent is 100% Tir Tairngire. The records have been faked. We all know he's the disgraced son of a Count out from Hell's Canyon.

conspir-i-see, is that you?
Cardul
*stares* So...Peter Taylor has a Doctorate in Astro Physics and Calculus? Er...I mean, started with Traveler?
hobgoblin
heh, could be that he never got past that deadly character generation...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012