Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR specific dice?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ysrthgrathe
Hi just recently got back into SR and I happened to go by the Wiki for it. On that page is a pic of SR specific dice. I was like wow but cant track em down are they still made and if so where to find em. I would gladly buy a few sets for myself and friends. Thanks for the help.

wiki dice
Cain
Easiest and cheapest thing to do is buy a large stack of white dice with black pips, and a bottle of white-out.

White out everything except the 1's, 5's, and 6's.

It makes things go a whole lot quicker, when you start counting successes.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Ysrthgrathe @ Aug 25 2008, 09:03 PM) *
Hi just recently got back into SR and I happened to go by the Wiki for it. On that page is a pic of SR specific dice. I was like wow but cant track em down are they still made and if so where to find em.

FanPro Germany made them as a convention promo, IIRC. They're pretty hard to find, but occasionally turn up on eBay. I picked one up there a few years back for a price that was fairly absurd for a single die.
Ysrthgrathe
oh thats too bad cause they look pretty sweet, And i hear yea on moddin existing dice but theres just something about the That SR S logo frown.gif
BishopMcQ
You could always try http://www.customdice.com/
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Cain @ Aug 26 2008, 02:08 AM) *
Easiest and cheapest thing to do is buy a large stack of white dice with black pips, and a bottle of white-out.

White out everything except the 1's, 5's, and 6's.

It makes things go a whole lot quicker, when you start counting successes.

People always forget the twos. For rushing an extended test, see?
Cain
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Aug 25 2008, 07:32 PM) *
People always forget the twos. For rushing an extended test, see?

That happens so rarely, you can just take your time on that roll. You can still see the original pips, it's just easier to see the ones that aren't blanked-out.
HeavyMetalYeti
Instead of using whiteout, has anyone tried to fill the pips in with something like bondo (or the like) and sanding them smooth? What about starting with a blank piece of whatever, wood, glass, metal and sandblasting the pips needed and maybe putting the SR logo on yourself. Has anyone tried that? If so, how did it come out?
MJBurrage
I posted this in another thread a while back:
Q-Workshop does amazing work, and with CGL/WizKids cooperation they could produce the following:
Start with the D6 Digital (in black & white)
  • Remove the large 2, 3, & 4
  • Replace the large 5 & 6 with SR logos stylized to resemble a 5 & 6 respectively (the logo is already close to a 6, for a 5, open the tail, and square the head a bit etc.)
  • Keep the small background numbers on all faces
  • For a Deluxe die:
    • Paint the large 1 bright red
    • Paint the 5 & 6 SR logos bright green
Bull
This has been talked about before, a couple times... Couple things to point out here...

For one, none of the Custom Dice places will do Shadowrun dice using the SR Logo (Or any other trademarked game logo). At least, they shouldn't, and I know Chessex won't. They don't have a license to produce dice using those logo's, and doing so could get them in trouble with the game companies.

I've heard CGL folks mention interest in doing SR Dice. Drop them a line and let them know you're interested. We're starting to see some extra merchandising creep out now beyond the books, since CGL has a full on license to play, so they had Patches at GC this year. With the 20th anniversary next year, I'll be very disappointed if we don't see something like this pop up. (I also want SR logo stickers and window clings, and T-Shirts in Ork and Troll sizes. smile.gif ).

Beyond that, yeah, the above suggestions for painting/coloring dice work pretty well.

For my own use, I have a set of custom dice with my Ork Smiley logo that I had made by Chessex last year at GC. They're not really SR specific, since the Smiley just appears on the "6", but whatever. I can pick out 5's, 6's, and 1's easy enough that color coding wouldn't really help me any. But SR dice would be fragging cool ork.gif

cryptoknight
I was asking around at Gencon about SR specific dice...

Chessex said they were in discussions with CGL about making them... I hope not in the lengthy discussions that Hero Lab has been to make character designers.
BishopMcQ
Or you be like me and buy the 32 color sharpie set, then it's all about matching sharpies to dice instead of the other way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012