Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to Glock in 2070?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HeavyMetalYeti
I'm a big fan of the Glock line of pistols. Are they still around in SR 2070? Did they get bought out by someone and remodeled or did they die during either of the crashes?

Just wondering. spin.gif
Starmage21
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Aug 26 2008, 04:33 AM) *
I'm a big fan of the Glock line of pistols. Are they still around in SR 2070? Did they get bought out by someone and remodeled or did they die during either of the crashes?

Just wondering. spin.gif

Those guys are extremly durable. If they arent made new anymore, im sure old ones are still around, and probobly very easily modified to make them "current" with the standard of firearms in the 2070s.
Blade
Glock GmbH is referenced in Portfolio of a Dragon and NAN1 according to the corporate Index. Looks like there's nothing about an owner.
Sir_Psycho
Because private games aren't subject to copyright law and all that, you can include them in your game if you like. Hell, you could rename the "Colt Government" a Glock (number), because I've noticed Glock 16/17/18's are used a lot by police. In Australia, the cops carry Glocks.
Ed_209a
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho @ Aug 26 2008, 09:42 AM) *
Because private games aren't subject to copyright law and all that, you can include them in your game if you like. Hell, you could rename the "Colt Government" a Glock (number), because I've noticed Glock 16/17/18's are used a lot by police. In Australia, the cops carry Glocks.

I would do the same thing. Just pick a light/heavy pistol (depending on the caliber) and change the name column to Glock <something> Since the Glock 30 was a light pistol-based machinepistol, making the Glock 29 a light pistol would be appropriate, a la the Glock 17 & 18.

Though, after about 30 sec of research, Glock is up to 36 already, so maybe make the machine pistol the Glock 50 and adjust from there.
Tarantula
Or just say they ended up changing their name to Ares.
CanRay
Or were bought out by Saeder-Krupp, and are now known as Red Dragon Armaments.
FlyDog
Usually I just take a stock gun, rename it for personal preferences. Swap my Ruger Warhawk for an S&W Model 629 for example.

Although, Red Dragon has a ring to it, if S-K did acquire GLOCK (highly plausible) I imagine they'd keep the name. GLOCK's built up a strong name and ol' Lofwyr'd have to be pretty silly to pass up that instant brand recognizably.
Straight Razor
i have a gun adept that has a favorite glock. It's the only thing in the apartment that shims the table just right. I hate trying to clean my good guns on a rocking table.
CanRay
OK then, easy enough, keep Glock as one brand, and use Red Dragon for their line of flasier guns.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... Probably for Desert Wars: "That's right, Bob. The S-K Heavy Infantry are packing the new Red Dragon Armaments Firebreather Assault Rifles, designed to work no matter what the enviroment. Those Underbelly 'Doorknocker' shotguns are also great for the room-to-room work as Sgt. Nigel Bennedict is demonstrating right now! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! Is that a legal blow?"

"Not in Boxing, Bill, but in Desert Wars, anything goes!"
HeavyMetalYeti
Glock already has a full auto pistol. I cant remember the number but I think it was the G18 just don't quote me on that. My search-fu isnt awake yet. Maybe by the end of the night I will be able to find out for sure.
NightmareX
Glock is around in 2050 - Stripper uses one in Into the Shadows.
Ed_209a
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Aug 27 2008, 02:32 AM) *
Glock already has a full auto pistol. I cant remember the number but I think it was the G18 just don't quote me on that.

Sorry to quote you on that right after you asked me not to, but you were correct.

The G18 is a machine pistol based on the G17. I believe it is mainly used by Austrian counter-terror forces.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Aug 27 2008, 05:58 AM) *
Sorry to quote you on that right after you asked me not to, but you were correct.

The G18 is a machine pistol based on the G17. I believe it is mainly used by Austrian counter-terror forces.

And just as quickly fell out of use by the same CT guys. Good on paper, bad in actual use.
CanRay
Machine Pistols like that come and go all the time as people think they're good ideas, and then realize they aren't.

The first I heard of was a Full-Auto version of the Broomhandle Mauser with a detachable wooden shoulder brace that doubled as a holster.

Damn but I wish I could find that book again. Stupid moving.
Ed_209a
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Aug 27 2008, 09:44 AM) *
And just as quickly fell out of use by the same CT guys. Good on paper, bad in actual use.

I am not at all surprised. Machine pistols in general are much cooler on TV than in real life.

You generate 25% more recoil than a typical SMG, and have half the weight to soak it up.
Thirlen
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Aug 27 2008, 02:32 AM) *
My search-fu isnt awake yet. Maybe by the end of the night I will be able to find out for sure.

A little help. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012