Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making a deck
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
Trying to figure out how hard it is to make a Deck, like the 3rd Ed. deckers. Trying to make an old school hacker with a combat deck build into his cyberarm, but all I can think of is to drop the signal to 0 and just use comlink stats. Mechanically it would work the same for hacking (with the exception of having to splice in a wire or connect with a headjack.)

As anyone else tried this type of restating old tech and cyber successfully?
sunnyside
Just use the SR4 mechanics without the wireless. Easy.

jago668
The only actual rating the deck itself would have is response. Since firewall and system are software.
BRodda
QUOTE (jago668 @ Aug 27 2008, 12:32 PM) *
The only actual rating the deck itself would have is response. Since firewall and system are software.

I guess the question is how to map the response to the rating. Maybe Rating/2 as the response. That Artic deck is now only chill.
Cardul
You know...basicly, there is no difference between a Cyberdeck and a com-link. A cyberdeck is just a big commlink, and a cyber-arm deck is about the same size as a cyber-arm commlink. Only mechanical difference is: a Cyberdeck would not be able to use Wireless, and would not be able to be your PAN...so you would still need a Commlink, anyway....
Blade
I think you can fit about 3 to 5 commlinks in a single cyberdeck case. So I guess you could get a nexi inside a deck.
But if that's just a vintage 2065 bleeding-edge deck, it'll probably be close to a rating 3 commlink, at best.
hobgoblin
hows this:

cyberdeck = laptop

comlink = blackberry with the computing power laptop above
CanRay
Hey, Ancient History, I think we got a solution to your "Cold Dead Hands" issue!
Ryu
Go for the cyberlimbs, aka "Cold Deck Hands".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012