OK after watching to much TV I decided to create infected dogs for my game (not sure when I'll use them, but what the hell). If you want to know the how/why of the mechanics: its a version of the Moneriviridae (HMHVV II). Most notably this creates the loup-garou, bandersnatch and fomóraig.
The great line from the RC is "Other metatypes are not known to be affected by moneriviridae at this time,
but retroviruses of this subgenus are known for their high rate of mutation with some of them having “jumped species� to affect other primates, notably the sasquatch."

So it's easy to say that it is already deposed to canines and it can jump species.

Demon Dog
Attributes:
Body: 3
Agility: 3
Reaction: 3
Strength: 6
Charisma: 1
Intuition: 3
Logic: 1
Willpower: 4
Edge: 3
ESS 6
Init 6
IP:1
Init: 6

Movement: 10/45
Skills: Intimidation 2, Perception 2, Tracking 2, Unarmed Combat 3
Powers:Dual Natured, Adaptive Coloration, Enhanced Senses(Smell and Thermographic Vision), Natural Weapon (Claw/Bite: DV Str/2+1P, AP 0)
Weaknesses: Allergy (Aconite, Moderate), Allergy (Horseradish, Moderate), Allergy (Sunlight, Moderate), and Dietary
Requirement (Metahuman Flesh).

This gives them most of the loup-garou abilities as well as the adaptive coloration that would make them better stealth hunters. Not exactly nightmarish, but I'm trying for something unexpected and shocking. Besides it would make a great McGuffen for a run.