Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Runner's Companion lead to new PCs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fuchs
How many characters in your game use the new optional races from Runner's Companion?

Edit: It seems to be impossible to vote "None", so use the option to not vote, and watch the results, if you'd vote "None".
Jaid
you are only allowed to have 10 options in a poll wink.gif
Prime Mover
Too early to tell here, coming Sat will be first day players get too see it, but if they do I will definetly exert some control over what and how many new options they can add to the team.
paws2sky
Its probably too early to tell, but I highly doubt I'll be seeing any metavariants, infected, sapient critters, or SURGElings, etc. in my game. My players are kind of plain vanilla in that regard... And that's okay by me, really.

-paws
Ryu
I can´t vote for shapeshifter-only, but that´s likely the only new race in our game. The new qualities are valued highly however.
Jhaiisiin
I haven't been able to game with my group due to a new screwy work schedule, but the GM has plans to have a Freak Show style game, where we play varied races and such as a playtest to see how things work out.
DreadPirateKitten
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 28 2008, 02:47 PM) *
I haven't been able to game with my group due to a new screwy work schedule, but the GM has plans to have a Freak Show style game, where we play varied races and such as a playtest to see how things work out.

Changelings are in all the new games starting round here, while Infected, and all the other options are basically disallowed.
crizh
I'm playing in Dumori's 'Fields of Fire' game and almost everyone is some sort of freak-show nutjob.

We don't have an AI but Gremish's 'Last Stand' does.

I think 'Fields of Fire' may be taking the piss slightly, pushing the new rules as far as they will go to see if they will snap or if the game does remain playable. There is a Cyborg, an Eagle Shifter, a Ghoul and a Nosferatu in that game and the other five 'norms' are 'bat-shit' crazy.

Many of them are disgracefully powerful. It remains to be seen exactly what sort of smack Dumori is going to bring to the table but I imagine that he shouldn't have to much trouble making them all suffer for all their power.
cryptoknight
I made a dryad for missions at Gencon. That, Changelings, and some of the new qualities (in debt, restricted item) are about the sum of the interest for now.
tete
The only thing that has changed is at leased 2 of us are switching to the karma build system with 500 karma (750 was a crazy amount)
Rasumichin
2 metavariants in my next pbp game, one of them being my ogre PC, the other a satyr who also happens to be a changeling.

And i'm expecting more to come.
Adarael
It didn't lead to any in my game, because I kiboshed mid-game retcons, but I had one player that REALLY needed to be a Minotaur, but he was actually always supposed to be a minotaur-looking troll, because he's a Greek.
NightmareX
We are just tooling up for another active game, so none at the moment. But we allow metavariants, changelings, ghouls, sasquatch, and (if the GM is feeling nice) shapeshifters. Everything else is banned for PCs.
Dumori
QUOTE (crizh @ Aug 28 2008, 08:00 PM) *
I think 'Fields of Fire' may be taking the piss slightly, pushing the new rules as far as they will go to see if they will snap or if the game does remain playable. There is a Cyborg, an Eagle Shifter, a Ghoul and a Nosferatu in that game and the other five 'norms' are 'bat-shit' crazy.

Your calling a three eyed adept sniper normal :O but the rest are on the normal side of the line with Gremish gone our new player may be a free spirit. The last slot idk still got no replys or offers.
DWC
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 29 2008, 06:28 AM) *
Your calling a three eyed adept sniper normal :O but the rest are on the normal side of the line with Gremish gone our new player may be a free spirit. The last slot idk still got no replys or offers.

Normal is relative.
CanRay
So far, I got Craig the Pixie Mage. Who took the Lifestyle Disadvantage "AI In Residence", so I gave him "Metalhead Mike", an E-Ghost that lives in his Dataterm. The Player is making stats for him now.

Next up is another player who makes numerous characters as mental exercises. His first idea is "CatBoi", who rescues Catgirls from Bunraku Parlors and lives like a SURGED Hugh Hefner most of the time, with the Women running the shoots. He's also working on a Ogre Animal Control Agent.

Also, we needed a Hacker (I have an NPC the group Outsources to), so we have a Nartaki Cab Driver/Outsourced Hacker being made now.

Everyone else seems happy so far.
Blue eyes
Got two pixie players in my group atm, a mage and a technomancer.

Great to have pixies/windlings in the Sixth World! wink.gif
Jaid
i don't think pixies can technically be technomancers... they have a magic rating, which excludes them from technomancy.

i suppose you could argue that having an implant of some kind knocks out their magic rating, and then they could start play as a technomancer with less than maximum essence, but overall that isn't really very plausible imo.

of course, that being said... if you want a pixie technomancer in your games, it is your prerogative to kick the rules in the face whenever you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012