Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elil-Hrair-Rah
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
Ok as we've been talking about awakened animals and infected animals in a few other treads I've started I've decided to fill in a whole in paracritter ecology: awakened rabbits. (Even though I think Jacklope might be in one of the books)

I'm using a combination of folklore and Watership Down to stat this critter out.

Elil-Hrair-Rah Prince with a Thousand Enemies
Attributes:
Body: 1
Agility: 5
Reaction: 6
Strength: 1
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 4
Logic: 2
Willpower: 2
Edge: 3
Init: 11
IP:1
Magic:3

Movement: 20/55
Skills: Dodge 4, Infiltration 4, Perception 3, Sorcery Group 3, Assensing 2
Powers: Dual Natured, Accident, Confusion, Sapience, Twist Fate
Weaknesses: Uneducated

Notes: Elil-Hrair-Rah are physically slightly larger than normal rabbits and are all jet black in color. They are the guardians of their warrens and prize trickery and guile over direct confrontation. They are the only known paracritter that has the ability to twist fate outside of great dragons and that fact is the reason for the myth of the "Lucky Rabbit's Foot". Elil-Hrair-Rah have the Magician quality and can and often do astral project, counterspell and create wards. They also can learn spells, perform rituals, build lodges and banish/conjure spirits but the thought is somewhat foreign to them and they rarely do so in the wild. While being astrally perceived they are capable of communication with metahumans.

EDIT: Added Assensing 2 and the notes that further fleshed out magic abilities.
CanRay
>> "Hunting suggestion: Full-Auto Shotgun. Not amount of fate twisting allows for a wall of buckshot. Well, the gun might jam, but that's about it. And they're good eating with fresh basil." - Money
BRodda
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 11:12 AM) *
>> "Hunting suggestion: Full-Auto Shotgun. Not amount of fate twisting allows for a wall of buckshot. Well, the gun might jam, but that's about it. And they're good eating with fresh basil." - Money

Take a look at the accident power grinbig.gif

Still I've read your stuff and I'm sure that Money would find hunting one of these little critters to be a fun hunt.
CanRay
Saw the accident power. That's why he's not suggesting low-explosives with a fragmentation load.
BRodda
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Saw the accident power. That's why he's not suggesting low-explosives with a fragmentation load.

He's hunting a rabbit not one of those African Panzer things he loves to talk about. I don't know if there will be anything left to eat.
CanRay
Low-Ex. A touch of Gunpowder and some nails. Shrapnel blast.

As for African Panzer Rhino, yeah... You use a Panther Assault Cannon from a T-Bird to hunt those properly, and even then you hope you're a good enough shot!
BRodda
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 01:55 PM) *

As for African Panzer Rhino, yeah... You use a Panther Assault Cannon from a T-Bird to hunt those properly, and even then you hope you're a good enough shot!

Honestly I think that the best round for hunting small game in SR is the Gel Round.
CanRay
Then beat it with a club like a baby seal?
Ancient History
Reminds me of "Howdy, Mr. Rabbit."
BRodda
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 02:15 PM) *
Then beat it with a club like a baby seal?

Considering that it only has 5 boxes of stun and 5 boxes of physical I think that most guns will kill one fairly easly. The Ruger 100 is 7P and gel rounds give it +2DV. That cannon Money uses would crank out 11P and I think he would be getting more than just one hit.
CanRay
Nah, that's his Elephant Rifle (A Holland & Holland Royal Deluxe Double Rifle in .600 Nitro Express), for hunting Big Game. Buffalo, Snow Moose, Elephant, Panzer Rhino, People.

For smaller game he uses either a scoped SMLE No. 4 with a Match-Grade Barrel or a KAR 98K with bolt-on options for telescopic scope depending on the situation (He typically just calls them his "Moose Guns" despite using them for other game, like Bear.). A Defiance T-250 (Long-Barrelled Version) is his "Duck Gun" (For any fowl, really.).

No smart links on any of those. He leaves that for combat weapons. Takes too much away from the hunt.
masterofm
*gasp* "It's coming out of the cave!"

*dramatic music plays*

"Oh it's only a rabbit"

"It's not just a rabbit it is the most vile evil monster in all of creation."

"It's a bloodly rabbit man!"

and sit back and watch as it then proceeds to kill half your team.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (BRodda @ Aug 28 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Powers: Dual Natured, Accident, Confusion, Sapience, Twist Fate

"So, let me get this straight - you want to play a magical rabbit, then?"
BRodda
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Aug 28 2008, 04:33 PM) *
"So, let me get this straight - you want to play a magical rabbit, then?"

It just means that it can think and is self aware. I'm sure if a player wanted to play a magic rabbit there are better ways to go.
BRodda
QUOTE (masterofm @ Aug 28 2008, 04:01 PM) *
*gasp* "It's coming out of the cave!"

*dramatic music plays*

"Oh it's only a rabbit"

"It's not just a rabbit it is the most vile evil monster in all of creation."

"It's a bloodly rabbit man!"

and sit back and watch as it then proceeds to kill half your team.

I thought about going that route, but I decided not to go there "It a very silly place."

That and I'm tired of critters that are just big and want to eat people. An intelegent and cleaver rabbit makes more sense than screaming "LOOK AT THE BONES MAN!!!"
BookWyrm
QUOTE (BRodda @ Aug 28 2008, 08:13 PM) *
I thought about going that route, but I decided not to go there "It a very silly place."

That and I'm tired of critters that are just big and want to eat people. An intelegent and cleaver rabbit makes more sense than screaming "LOOK AT THE BONES MAN!!!"

But in an outrageous Scottish accent, aye?

The only thing that would have made this thread too silly would be including stats on the Holy Hand Grenade.
Coldan
[ironie]Wait a moment, the natural weapon is missing! I suggest STR/2 + 5 as it is the evil rabbit from hell! wink.gif [/ironie]

No, it looks nice! Some teams will turn crazy because of a couple of these rabbits! Sometimes even the small things can be dangerous in the 6th world.

Coldan
BRodda
QUOTE (Coldan @ Aug 28 2008, 07:22 PM) *
No, it looks nice! Some teams will turn crazy because of a couple of these rabbits! Sometimes even the small things can be dangerous in the 6th world.
Coldan

Thank you.
That craziness is kind of the point. Things go its way and it's ability to survive relies on it being clever.

For some real wackiness picture the poor farmer who has a shadowrunner team that has been plagued with bad luck and accidents and is in a really foul mood when they show up on his front door. Of course that farmer has been trapping rabbits and the shadowrunners have been *nudged* into position to take care of the problem.
Snow_Fox
Dude, I'm about to date myself dreadfully, but did anyone else here ever play "bunnies and burrows?"

Elil-hrair rah, was not the black rabbit. He appeared as the sun. The black rabbit of death was the black rabbit if Inlay.

All the world will be you enenmy
Prince with the thousands enemies
and if they can catch you, they will kill you.
But first they must catch you
runner, digger, listener
Prince with the swift warming
be cunning and you kind shall never be destroyed.
Riley37
Hunt them from a T-16, just like hunting womp rats back home in Beggar's Canyon.
Glyph
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Aug 28 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Elil-hrair rah, was not the black rabbit. He appeared as the sun. The black rabbit of death was the black rabbit if Inlay.

Actually, that's not quite right, either. Frith was the sun. Elil-Hrair-Rah was the first ruler of all of the rabbits, and kind of a trickster folk hero type. He looks like a normal rabbit, except that he has a slight luminescence in his ears. I would probably favor that description for this paracritter over the jet black version - I think there should be some slight distinguishing characteristic, but not one that makes it immediately stand out from other rabbits.
Shiloh
QUOTE (Glyph @ Aug 29 2008, 06:20 AM) *
Actually, that's not quite right, either. Frith was the sun. Elil-Hrair-Rah was the first ruler of all of the rabbits, and kind of a trickster folk hero type. He looks like a normal rabbit, except that he has a slight luminescence in his ears. I would probably favor that description for this paracritter over the jet black version - I think there should be some slight distinguishing characteristic, but not one that makes it immediately stand out from other rabbits.

And the Black Rabbit of Inlé would be the infected version...

Thanks be to all that is holy: Bugs Bunny is actually a hare (IIRC, based on the american jackrabbit, which is a hare, not a rabbit)...
LostProxy
I think I speak for everyone here when I ask how would it taste in a stew? I mean prepared correct paracritters are good eating. Though the after effects can be...disheartening. As in hellhound fueled dysentery.
BRodda
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Aug 28 2008, 10:24 PM) *
Dude, I'm about to date myself dreadfully, but did anyone else here ever play "bunnies and burrows?"

All the world will be you enenmy
Prince with the thousands enemies
and if they can catch you, they will kill you.
But first they must catch you
runner, digger, listener
Prince with the swift warming
be cunning and you kind shall never be destroyed.

I have played Bunnies and Burrows. The 80's weren't that long ago.

I thought Elil-hrair rah and black rabbit if Inlay are the same; but they are different aspects. The reason I made it black was the general superstition that black animals are supernatural. That and I used to have a black rabbit. grinbig.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 08:55 PM) *

bah, panther assualt is old news. these days its the rail gun thats the ultimate in large game hunting wink.gif
BRodda
QUOTE (Glyph @ Aug 29 2008, 12:20 AM) *

I'll give some thought to the color. They are named after Elil-Hrair-Rah, but they are built around a few old superstions like the lucky rabbits foot.

Also some fun Elil-Hrair-Rah facts: (I'll edit them into the OP)

As they have magic and are sapent Elil-Hrair-Rah can astral project and create wards. They also can learn spells, build lodges and conjure spirits but the thought is somewhat foreign to them and they rarely do so in the wild. While being astrally perceived they are capable of communication with metahumans.
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 29 2008, 06:10 AM) *
bah, panther assualt is old news. these days its the rail gun thats the ultimate in large game hunting wink.gif

Sure, if you don't want any challange of the hunt. sleepy.gif
Random Voices
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 04:12 PM) *

Actually I'd go hunting them with this season shot.
My personal favorite is Cajun!

What will the rednecks think of next?

Hey Y'All! Watch This!
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (Glyph @ Aug 29 2008, 01:20 AM) *

Oh god, dueling geeks. grinbig.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (BRodda @ Aug 29 2008, 07:10 AM) *
As they have magic and are sapent Elil-Hrair-Rah can astral project and create wards. They also can learn spells, build lodges and conjure spirits but the thought is somewhat foreign to them and they rarely do so in the wild. While being astrally perceived they are capable of communication with metahumans.

actually, no.

because it is dual-natured, it can make wards. in order to learn spells, astrally project, and conjure spirits, it would need to be a magician.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 28 2008, 12:12 PM) *

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting wabbit.
BRodda
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 29 2008, 02:21 PM) *
actually, no.

because it is dual-natured, it can make wards. in order to learn spells, astrally project, and conjure spirits, it would need to be a magician.

I didn't think you gave critters the magican quality. I consider that covered but giving them a magic rating and sapeint, again looking at the Dragon rules I'd have to add magician.

I'll modify the OP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012