Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Vehicles Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cray74
I've seen this defined before, but I can't find it (or remember it) now: how big are cargo factors (CF), and where are they defined?
Ol' Scratch
0.125m³. "Cargo Factor" on page 133 of Shadowrun 3rd Edition. I'm completely distraught that someone of your intelligence wouldn't look there first. smile.gif
Cray74
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
0.125m³. "Cargo Factor" on page 133 of Shadowrun 3rd Edition. I'm completely distraught that someone of your intelligence wouldn't look there first. smile.gif

Bah, there are no construction rules in SR3. I applied my mighty intelligence to determine that since there were no construction rules in SR3, I wouldn't find the CF defined there, since it was used for construction. smile.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
There are vehicles in SR3, and those vehicle stats have CF, so it does make some sense. I remember reading it somewhere in Rigger 3 as well.
Cray74
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Dec 22 2003, 08:58 PM)
There are vehicles in SR3, and those vehicle stats have CF, so it does make some sense

Oh, sure, when you say that way it makes sense. nyahnyah.gif

Testing...1...2...3...checking maximum edit time...
Bearclaw
A Rubiks cube is 1CF?
Some one needs to re think that.
Sigfried McWild
A Rubiks cube is 1CF?
Some one needs to re think that.

I don't know how many rubik's cubes are 0.5m on each side (0.5*0.5*0.5=0.125m^3)

By the way, when you use the vehicle construction rules do you have to buy CF just for the cargo space you want the vehicle to have (just buy the empty space) or also for all the "thingies" you can install that take up cargo space (buy the total size of the vehicle)?
Ol' Scratch
Vehicle chassis come with a base number of CFs that you can use for storage (by default) or fill with accessories. Each modification lists how many CFs they take up, if any. You can also buy additional CF space, up to a listed maximum.
Sigfried McWild
My question is, when I've filled up the basic allottment of CF do I need to buy the additional CF just for the empty space or also for the equipment?
Ol' Scratch
And my answer is again, "both." If you want additional storage or equipment space above and beyond what the base chassis supplies, you have to buy it, up to a listed maximum.
Bearclaw
I would have sworn that said 125 cm3, which is 5 cm X 5 cm X 5 cm, which is about the size of a Rubik's cube.
20 inches square works a lot better in my mind biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012