Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resonance enchanted item
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Blog
The magic side of the world gets to enchant weapons with magical power, so what about the technological side? Can technomancer craft weapons/armor that carry over effects into the virtual world?

(This is both a silly derailment as well as a serious 'hmmm' topic)

Resonance enhanced melee weapons! Fend off attacks in AR by swinging real swords in public!
Resonance enhanced ranged weapons. Hit that pesky spy drone with that pistol and have it go haywire.
Resonance enhanced armor. It ummm looks all technicolor in AR and boosts your pan's defenses or something.... not sure.

Technomancers can do all sorts of funky things, if Resonance can be put into items to enhance them; what kind of effects can your imagination create. Discuss!
crizh
QUOTE (Blog @ Sep 2 2008, 09:24 PM) *
Resonance enhanced ranged weapons. Hit that pesky spy drone with that pistol and have it go haywire.

I was thinking of putting Hacker Nanites in Capsule rounds. Similar effect.
Ancient History
Technomancers have widgets. Learn to love the widgets.
crizh
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 2 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Technomancers have widgets. Learn to love the widgets.

Their aren't enough drugs in the whole world.

They only last 8 hours and take at least a quarter of that to create. You won't ever have more than one or two, the ratings won't be very impressive and the effort involved is enormous.
Ancient History
See? Just like expendable spell foci!
crizh
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 2 2008, 09:44 PM) *
See? Just like expendable spell foci!

Fantastic.....

wobble.gif
WeaverMount
I'm having flash backs to changeling.
Jaid
you could always make some houserules allowing widgets to be made permanent by spending karma.

and i've occasionally considered proposing the ability to make resonant cyberware that doesn't interfere with resonance (which would presumably also require karma to be spent, when i was considering it).
crizh
Foci do seem to be the one thing missing from Technomancers. Permanently binding Widgets into electronics sounds pretty cool.
Mr. Unpronounceable
Machine sprite with the analyze device optional power.

So it's not permanent. It's free.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable @ Sep 2 2008, 04:53 PM) *
Machine sprite with the analyze device optional power.

So it's not permanent. It's free.

Rating 6 machine sprite, using Linking (long term registering) and paying the 6 karma, can make for some very fun toys. Like cars with personalities. wink.gif Or drones with personalities, even better...
crizh
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Sep 3 2008, 01:48 AM) *
Rating 6 machine sprite, using Linking (long term registering) and paying the 6 karma, can make for some very fun toys. Like cars with personalities. wink.gif Or drones with personalities, even better...

Yup.

Tutor Sprites are better if you can get them. They get one extra Skillsoft for a given force.

(Although Machine Sprites can take any of the new Autosofts in Unwired, which gives me an idea....)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012