Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: High Seas and Fast Times
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Large Mike

So, make sure to intro yourselves everyone.

And someone be sure to name the ship.

Sorry for not making a custom boat for you guys, but things have gotten a little stupid on this end.
Fresno Bob
The ship shall be named the SS Facepuncher!
Fresno Bob
Oh yeah, I don't want to make the first post. Too much pressure.
Ol' Scratch
I'm a little confused by what's going on, so please let me know if I have this straight.

We used to be part of a larger group of pirates, but Aztlan finally decided to lay the smack-down on us and only a handful of us have survived after making it onboard one of the fleet's smaller ships. We're now in Miami seeing to repairs to the ship and trying to gather a new crew/wait for any other survivors to rendevouz here?
Fresno Bob
Thats what I gathered.
Herald of Verjigorm
Why couldn't we swipe a good boat?
Large Mike

Dude, I *gave* you 40 000 over your budget. Not even your *parents* would give you 40 000. And if they would, how can I get adopted?
Herald of Verjigorm
Yeah, ships cost too much. Maybe we can trade up with some of our early booty.
Fresno Bob
Well, I made the first post...
Lindt
Aye, but a boat we could have lived on would have been better =p
The reason that thing is so expensive is because it has sensor 7. Bloody seven!
Large Mike

1 Karma to Voorhee's character for first post.
Fresno Bob
Score!
Lindt
just a reminder to turn off your .sig (I keep forgetting and having to edit it out)
Fresno Bob
Hey! Post, you wankers!
Large Mike

Actually, I'm with Vorhees on this one. POST, YOU WANKERS!
Herald of Verjigorm
If they don't show up soon, will we get replacements?
Cheese Emperor
*knock knock* Drone Rigger awaiting boarding.
Fresno Bob
Lets see. So far, the only crew members that have shown up are Me (Johnny), Herald (Horatio), and Lindt (Iron Roger). None of the other crew has been mentioned, so it would be an easy matter to phase them out and add in more guys. The captain, however, I don't know... Maybe he'll die, like Promo and Ghost...
Large Mike
I don't think there's neccicerily a reason to kill him. It's early enough yet that people would barely remember him if he left.

Although it's a shame. I really liked the character concept.

So, in 48 hours (or less) I'll be making something happen which will make new characters difficult to add. So please, if you intend to play, hop in. There's a call for more people, I guess, so send 'em if you got 'em.

(Again, sorry about the boat. It was in the price range, and I'm not so good with vehicles. I guess I should have thought of that before starting the game.)
Fresno Bob
Hey, don't worry about it. We're pirates. We'll just steal a better boat. Arrr.
Large Mike
So, who all's here now?
Herald of Verjigorm
Ahoy.
Lindt
Yo Ho!
And I will chime in as well "Post you wankers! POST!"
Large Mike

Guys, considering the lack of people, and the fact that the captain is gone... I may have to shut it down. So... encourage you to post. And get your friends. And Cheese, gimme that Drone Rigger.
Herald of Verjigorm
You could check the pre-thread and message everyone who announced a character idea.
We three pirates be in need of more asorted limbs, preferably with the ability to take orders.
Cheese Emperor
I resent the sheet to your hotmail address with my hotmail address, hope it got through.
Lindt
Heh well we could always just PM Dr. Funk till he starts posting =p Annoyance works wonders
Large Mike

Yeah, no. He talked to me specifically about leaving. This is not accidental.
Cheese Emperor
Driving Test to accelerate:

4, 13, 5, 5, 2, 11
Cheese Emperor
Safe Cove to determine a good port:
3, 1, 5, 5, 3, 4
Herald of Verjigorm
Horatio's vote will be based mostly on the most completely superficial factors. Who looks most piratous?
Cheese Emperor
None of the options I got were "piratous" in the least.
Large Mike
Snug Corner, on Crooked Island? That sounds about as piratous as it comes.
Fresno Bob
Uh...Johnny looks...uh....very...pirate-y...
Cheese Emperor
For some forsaken reason, I read that as where instead of who. And Snug Corner sounds piraty but doesn't look like it. Anyways, Leonard definitely doesn't look the most pirate-y
Large Mike
Look it? What, you looked it up? Only the GM's supposed to have the power of the internet at his disposal.
Lindt
Im going to vote for Johnny for captin. Cause its a job I dont want =p
Fresno Bob
Score!
Lindt
Basicly, do we want a second boat for the extra bearthing space and its speed for over taking more elusive ships? Or (as GM) would Large Mike not wanna bother with the minor grab of personal property on such short notice.
Large Mike

Of course I'd be willing to go for that. I mean, that *is* my job, after all.
Large Mike

There won't be anyone guarding the boat or anything. The dock is quiet this time of night, other than a party three boats over. Write up until you're just ready to cast off. The stumblings of the drunk will be amusing.
Fresno Bob
Captain Johnny Molotov...sounds neat.
Large Mike
I got bored with the waiting.

So... go rob some rich people.
Fresno Bob
*Sigh*

If you insist...
Large Mike

Well, you don't *have* to.

Feel free to pass it up, if you like.
Fresno Bob
Sarcasm transfers poorly over message boards.
Bearclaw
If you guys need a ships pilot/gunner/mechanic who speaks French, I know where you can find one smile.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
What's the weather like?
Fresno Bob
Bumpity thump!
Large Mike

The weather is hot, calm, with a *very* subtle breeze.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012