Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Trog for comment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
Ok decided with all the "Mutants" available know it might be fun to make something so over the top as to not be funny (but it is oddly realistic within the setting). Basic premise is of a surged troll (Joe) dropped of at an orphanage because his family couldn't feed him anymore (at first they thought he was 12, but it turned out he was only 8 he was huge for even a troll child.) He was constantly made fun of do to the fact he was bright blue and his face covered in so much bone that his face was barely visible. However he was a good kid at heart and the nuns found that while he was not very smart he had a heart as big as the rest of him and he didn't hold a grudge for long and there wasn't a mean bone in his body. As time went on Joe never stopped growing and he his strength, which was already great, seemed to surge at times to inhuman levels.

However as time went by Joe reached 18 and was discarded from the orphanage. He still visits the soup kitchen nearby the nuns that ran the orphanage operates. He started earning money by finding scrap and selling it to a local junk dealer. People were still terrified of him though. He did find one bum that was willing to talk to him. He told him stories and gave him some companionship.

Basically Joe learned of superheroes and realized that was what he wanted to be. His strength and adept powers (he doesn't know he is an adept, he just thinks its part of his mutation) make him a force on the street and he now patrols the streets listening for cries of help with a T-Shirt with a giant S and a tiny red cape made from a curtain.

As he stands now he has 6/6 armor in a t-shirt and jeans. He could wear more, but he doesn't think its very "heroic"
Joe Kent AKA Super Troll

Metatype : Troll
Adept

Attributes
Body: 11 (12)
Agility: 3
Reaction: 2
Strength: 8
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 2
Logic: 1
Willpower: 5

Edge: 1
Magic: 5
Initiative: 6
Essence: 6

Knowledge Skills
English: N
Superheroes: 3
Scrap value: 2
Soup Kitchens: 4
Gang Identification: 2
Philosophy: 1

Active Skills
Climbing : 2
Gymnastics : 2
Running : 2
Swimming : 2
Navigation : 1
Survival : 1
Tracking : 1
Intimidation (Physical) : 2
Etiquette : 1
First Aid : 4
Industrial Mechanic : 1
Survival (Urban) : 1
Unarmed Combat (Subdual Combat) : 5
Dodge (Ranged Combat) : 3
Disguise : 1

Positive Qualities
Adept
Except Att (Body)
Changling (10pts) – Celerity (5); Dermal Deposits(10); Keen Eared (5); Striking Skin(Blue) (-5), Mood Hair (-5)

Negative Qualities
Computer Illiterate(5)
Distinctive Style (10)
Illiterate (10)
Incompetent (Pistols) (5)
SINner(5)

Equipments
Certified Credstick (Standard)
Flashlight
2x Standard Rope (per 100 m)
Fake Sin (Rating 2)
Respirator (Rating 2)
Tool Kit
Clothing (Cheap)
Commlink : Meta Link

Powers
Attribute Boost (Str) (Level 4)
Mystic Armor (level 4)
Improved Physical Attribute (level 1)
Combat Sense (Level 1)
Rapid Healing (level 2)

Contacts
Sister Sara (L:3 C:2)
Nun from the orphanage he grew up in.

Sam (L:4 C:1)
An old street bum that tells Charlie stories.

Crazy Bob the junk dealer (L:1 C:2)
Bob buys the scrap that Joe brings into trade.

sunnyside
Is this guy supposed to be for an actually campaign? If so you might want to think about how he's going to fit in.

The concept has tons of flavor and fun if you were doing a solo campaign or writing some fiction or something. But in a runner team this guy isn't that deadly or useful.

BRodda
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 5 2008, 01:37 PM) *
Is this guy supposed to be for an actually campaign? If so you might want to think about how he's going to fit in.

The concept has tons of flavor and fun if you were doing a solo campaign or writing some fiction or something. But in a runner team this guy isn't that deadly or useful.

Nope, he is probably just going to be an NPC in my game. I just decided to see what I could do while keeping him "street legal" for min/max evaluation. If I was gaoing to use him as a PC for myself I would have to rework the background.

However there was talk about trying a IM "superhero" game based on a group of do-gooders. Think Mystery Men. I might use him for that.
Rasumichin
If you want to stick with the "no armor" concept, i'd suggest one of the other skin options, such as Obsidimen Granite Shell, which provides 3/3 hardened armor.
It is incompatible with any other "artificial or natural skin modification", though.

Whether this includes a troll's (or dzoo-noo-quas) dermal armor or the adept power would depend on how you interpret the wording, though.

I can see many GMs disallowing the idea of having hardened troll adepts in their game (if you max out mystical armor, this would mean starting with 10 points of hardened armor), even though especially the magical part would be particularly debatable, as it may not be a skin modification and one could claim that "artificial" refers to orthoskin and the like.
I can see hair-splitting ensueing over the fact that in other cases, orthoskin, dermal sheathing and dermal armor are ruled out using a different wording and...you see where this could lead.

OMG, what have i done?
*runs for cove rin fear of beginning 6-page discussion*
KCKitsune
BRodda, the only problem is that a changeling already has the "Distinctive Style" flaw and gets no BP for it (pg 103 of RC)

All the advanced character options in this book automatically suffer the efects of Distinctive Style and do not get a BP bonus.
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Sep 6 2008, 07:54 PM) *
If you want to stick with the "no armor" concept, i'd suggest one of the other skin options, such as Obsidimen Granite Shell, which provides 3/3 hardened armor.
It is incompatible with any other "artificial or natural skin modification", though.

Whether this includes a troll's (or dzoo-noo-quas) dermal armor or the adept power would depend on how you interpret the wording, though.

I can see many GMs disallowing the idea of having hardened troll adepts in their game (if you max out mystical armor, this would mean starting with 10 points of hardened armor), even though especially the magical part would be particularly debatable, as it may not be a skin modification and one could claim that "artificial" refers to orthoskin and the like.
I can see hair-splitting ensueing over the fact that in other cases, orthoskin, dermal sheathing and dermal armor are ruled out using a different wording and...you see where this could lead.

OMG, what have i done?

So an Adept with this and then possessed by a rating 6 spirit gives you what for hardened armor?

WMS
Rasumichin
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Sep 7 2008, 02:30 AM) *
BRodda, the only problem is that a changeling already has the "Distinctive Style" flaw and gets no BP for it (pg 103 of RC)

Even though it certainly should be possible to upgrade it, especially in cases like this.

QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Sep 7 2008, 02:35 AM) *
So an Adept with this and then possessed by a rating 6 spirit gives you what for hardened armor?

WMS

Hm...point taken.
Glyph
Improved Physical Attribute costs double once you go over the Attribute maximum, so improving your Body to 12 would cost 2 power points.

Attribute Boost at level 4 is too high. He will be likely to take at least a point in Drain every time he uses it.

He's an interesting NPC, but nowhere near shadowrunner level, combat-wise.
cndblank
Now if you spread that Attribute Boost to Reaction and Agility....

Maybe got some Great Leap, Gliding, and or Wall Running...

I guess you can always go with the innocent who falls in with the wrong crowd.

Super Troll: George why are we stealing from this guy?

George: Because he is a chip dealer. You don't want him selling chips to your friends?

Super Troll: OK George. And you will get rid of the chips like last time?

George: Sure will. Stick with me kid. Every Super Hero needs a side kick to take care of the details.

Might want to boost him up a bit if he is going to have a misunderstanding with some runner.

Maybe George will get him a costume that happens to be armored. And or some CS grenades for him to use to appear out of the smoke (His costume's mask is also a gas mask). Add a super strong grapple hook with a retract feature and you can get the up up and away. Tells Super Troll that the runner' have a dangerous package that he needs to get from them. Then does the gas grenades, followed by a jumping down using the grapple gun, grabs the package, and does an up up and away.

Have it happen so fast that the runner are going WTF!!!! A flying Troll! Was that gas causing halusations?

Check out the ATLAS Ascender at http://www.atlasdevices.com/products.html.. I figure by 2050 or so they could do the Batman rapid accent with a grapple gun.
Stahlseele
if he weren't adept, i'd recommend going with the spider-troll built, the ultimate mundane climber, and adding the cyber-version of the grapple-gun O.o
and why the hell does natural stone-skin armor not stack with any worn armor?
that and the encumberance is what irks me . . it should be treated like usual dermal armor or other cyber/bio armor o.O

and i really like this concept ^^
BRodda
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Sep 6 2008, 09:54 PM) *

OMG, what have i done?

GM ruling was that Granite Shell does not stack with anything other than adept powers.

Still he can wear armout if he wants. Not sure how well it will work with the concept, but I jsut wanted some good guys in my world of grit.
BRodda
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Sep 6 2008, 10:30 PM) *

Ok, I took that as you get 1 level of DS at not BP bonus. However the rules don't state at what level anyone playing changling would get. There are the "Freak" rules, but those are for social interactions, not tracking like the DS flaw.

Anyone got an official ruling on this?
BRodda
QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 7 2008, 12:24 AM) *
Improved Physical Attribute costs double once you go over the Attribute maximum, so improving your Body to 12 would cost 2 power points.

Attribute Boost at level 4 is too high. He will be likely to take at least a point in Drain every time he uses it.

He's an interesting NPC, but nowhere near shadowrunner level, combat-wise.

I'll have to double check that Body level. I tend to rely on software a bit much to make NPCs. I'll have to see about fixing that. As for Attribute Boost he will be resisting that with 16 dice, so I'm not to worried about that. I'll have to see about dropping that improved atribute; might move it to STR instead.

And he is not really ment to be a shadowrunner in the traditional sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012