Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HERF Gun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Waldham
Hello,
In Arsenal p.56 :
HERF Gun: A High-Energy Radio Frequency weapon is similar to an EMP grenade, except they target a directed beam of energy rather than creating a blast radius effect. To use the HERF gun, the attacker rolls Agility + Exotic Weapon (HERF gun); if the targeted item is held by someone, that character may defend against the ranged attack as normal. As with EMP grenades, the gamemaster has final say on whether an item is affected or not.
Affected electronics must make the same Device Rating x 2 (3) Test to avoid being damaged by the destructive voltage. Optical devices lose one point of Signal rating per net hit on the attack.
HERF guns have a maximum range of 50 meters.

I have some questions.

1) Are there need amunitons for this gun ?

2) Does it affect a vehicule ? a drone ? a gun with smartlink ? what are the effects on these ? If the drone has a reduced signal, do the rigger lose the control ? Or do the drone execute the last order ? On a security device, does it function or not ?

3) So, must the defender make a Reaction roll or Reaction + Dodge on Full defense ? for a vehicule, what is it ? must a drone make a Response Roll ?

Thanks for your future help.
Tarantula
QUOTE (Waldham @ Sep 8 2008, 12:02 PM) *
Hello,
In Arsenal p.56 :

I have some questions.

1) Are there need amunitons for this gun ?

2) Does it affect a vehicule ? a drone ? a gun with smartlink ? what are the effects on these ? If the drone has a reduced signal, do the rigger lose the control ? Or do the drone execute the last order ? On a security device, does it function or not ?

3) So, must the defender make a Reaction roll or Reaction + Dodge on Full defense ? for a vehicule, what is it ? must a drone make a Response Roll ?

Thanks for your future help.

1) No.

2) Up to GM. My calls, vehicle? Signal rating. Drone? Signal rating. Gun with smartlink? Signal rating. Rigger might lose control if he is outside the range of the reduced signal. Drone would fall back to its dogbrain/standing orders given. Security devices? Depends, be more specific.

3) Same as normal combat. Defender gets reaction/reaction+dodge for fulld efense. Vehicles/drones get Reaction +/- Handling for being driven/rigged and dogbrain gets Pilot +/- Handling. OR they can go full defense and add vehicle skill to the defense pool. (Drones added defense autosoft).
Guru Nath Butterfly
The 'Johnny Mnemonic' Dolphin signal gun. At last!
kanislatrans
I'm told these work better than the original prototype ,which was the HEIFER Gun. same damage code but the ammo was expensive as all drek and hard to co-erce into the chamber. wobble.gif wobble.gif
WearzManySkins
1. It needs a battery pack etc for the weapon, they come in various sizes. No battery no EMP.
2. I agree with Tarantula.
3. I agree with Tarantula.

FYI this and the Sound Gun are the insidious weapons in the game. Does not kill you directly but does make combat more interesting. grinbig.gif

WMS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012