Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyber-Critter
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Floyd
Where would one find out-fitting critters with cyber- or bio-ware (or nanites for that matter)rules, without making them biodrones? I would accept control of the cyberware (via wireless) by a sapient, but not needing the motor control of the animal. I'd like to hear opinions and see rule book pages.
Rasumichin
Step one : take a large dog from the BBB
Step two : implant a 2-dose auto-injector from Augmentation, filled with K-10 and Immortal Flower (from Arsenal)
Step three : hillarity ensues

Voila, instant killing machine for under 3000 nuyen.gif .
Works on metahumans, too.
My favourite is the killer gnome.

If you want a cybered critter without building a biodrone, just use the normal critter stats from the BBB and combine them with cyber- and bioware you can find there and in Augmentation.
The critter list is quite limited, though.
We're all still waiting for Running Wild, the critter sourcebook in the making since SR3.
It's a bit like the SR version of Chinese Democracy, but without arrested bloggers.
BRodda
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Sep 11 2008, 10:29 PM) *
Step one : take a large dog from the BBB
Step two : implant a 2-dose auto-injector from Augmentation, filled with K-10 and Immortal Flower (from Arsenal)
Step three : hillarity ensues

We're all still waiting for Running Wild, the critter sourcebook in the making since SR3.
It's a bit like the SR version of Chinese Democracy, but without arrested bloggers.

Pretty much what Rasumichin says; just insert bio/cyber/nano/gene and keep track of essence the same way. If you want to make them even meaner though you can do something like my Spikers.

Not sure that combat drugs would work on animals given ther diffrences in size and chemistry; probably need breed/species specific version of it.

Adn I'm not holding my breath for Running Wild. Its one of the reasons that I decided to do my own netbook. That and every critter book they have ever done has been more "Monster Manual" than splatbook. I'm trying to avoid that by having all the things that go with paranormal animals. (IE companies that do R&D, breeders, how they are bought and sold, by products and things like that.)
Tarantula
You could probably teach the animals to use the cyber the same way you teach them to sit and stay, it just takes time.
BRodda
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 12 2008, 12:36 PM) *
You could probably teach the animals to use the cyber the same way you teach them to sit and stay, it just takes time.

Well if your looking for something that will activate when they attack you just need to have the DNI interface to the aggression part of the brain. When the "attack" section of the brain goes active then the boosts, drugs, wires or what ever would activate. I'd say that the canine brain has probably been mapped out better than humans by 2070 and they were probably the first things to get cybered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012