Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: The Movie
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crimson Jack
This has probably been done in the past, but I haven't seen THAT particular thread so it's new to me. Word is that Shadowrun: The Movie, Electric Boogaloo is being cast and the running title "Electric Boogaloo" is up for a change. Here are the characters:

1. Vandal - Human team leader. Jack of all trades. Wears his leather and six o'clock shadow well. Has a charismatic personality with a touch of grit. Runs with his long-time g/f, Mynx.

2. Mynx - Human rigger. Sports a snug fighter pilot's helmet and tight jeans. No bullshit personality is what we're going for here. Tough lassie who has the skillz to pay the bills. She'll be flying a Northrup Wasp painted in black/grey.

3. Calico - Cat Shaman. Elven Kittie Shaman. The totem should describe the character. The script will highlight her curious nature, so the look will be important.

4. Jungo - Troll axe-bearer. The team's obviously chromed runner. We'll be using LOTR scaling technology to make him appear the correct size. Huge. Muscles are a plus, but so is his acting ability. Jungo will be fast for his size, so someone limber & large would be great.

5. Matador - Ork G-Man. Minor prosthetics will be needed to complete the look, but again, the actor should resemble a stocky, brutish character. Wide shoulders a plus. The character is a bit of a show-off and definitely a philanderer.

Oh yeah, and got an idea about that title? Electric Boogaloo isn't working for me...

(To Dumpshockers: LOL, can you tell that I AM BORED AT WORK???!!!)
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Ya just know in a movie like this, somewhere during it they'll play "Blinded by the Light."

*Sings, "Blinded by the light...wrapped up like a duece, another runner in the night..."
Fortune
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys)
*Sings, "Blinded by the light...wrapped up like a duece, another runner in the night..."

That assumes you are singing Manfred Mann's cover, and not Springsteen's original. biggrin.gif

'Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night'

I must admit that Manfred Mann did a much better job with it though. smile.gif
Raptor1033
i hope they play iron maiden's "aces high" in one of mynx's flying scenes
Shadow
This is a joke right? Tell me it's a joke. I want to see a SR movie as much as the next runer, but not like this.
RangerJoe
This has got to be at least partially a joke. "Electric Boogaloo" is the subtitle of "Breakin' 2" (Breaking 2: Electric Boogaloo, 1984) a classic "bad movie" which features 80's jeans-clad hoodlums duking it out with their mad break-dancing skills. The plot focuses on an evil developer who attempts to bulldoze a community recreation center. The local breakdancers try to stop it. Now, if this reminds you of a plot hook off of Blackjack's list of 1001 plot hooks, you're not alone. Can this possibly be the plot for an SR movie.... I hope not.
John Campbell
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ Dec 24 2003, 01:05 PM)

That assumes you are singing Manfred Mann's cover, and not Springsteen's original. biggrin.gif

'Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night'

I must admit that Manfred Mann did a much better job with it though. smile.gif

Manfred Mann's version is "Revved up like a deuce", anyway.
Fortune
QUOTE (John Campbell)
Manfred Mann's version is "Revved up like a deuce", anyway.

Depends which version of the lyrics you read. I have seen quite a few differing lyric sheets attributed to that song, up to and including two distinctly different 'official' versions. smile.gif
Tiralee
Shadowrun: The Movie

Electric...WHAT??

This....this is so wrong, on so many levels.

I must admit, you could tie in a bunch of breakdancing barren-dwellers...but maybe as cannon fodder.

Of course, a band of breakdancing adept shadowrunners is likely to be hunted down and tortured to death, on principle alone.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

L.
kryton
How about Shadowrun: The movie "Return of the Bling"

Jasper the fallen king of the LA Knights (a mad skillz wrapping/Break dancing to old school hip hop) has to take on the throngs of angry orks and trolls when the Gangster Pimp "Mr. Georgous" looses his pimp daddy ring that's totally bling bling. The pimpin' ring is lost and none of his "ho's" can find it. Well one day a little man "Beetlejuice" the angry midget find's the bling bling. The bling bling is so kickin' it drives him into the underground.......Now Mr. Georgous has sent out his ho's lookin' for the bling bling and this gay guy who is called a Hobit finds the ring and his boyfriend realizing the bling bling is too powerfull for any one man sets out to drop the bling bling in the gutter at Mt.Doom St.....Yo it's a powerfull story about midgets, pimp's and ho's......

Sorry I had to do a cheezy LOTR take off....It' s out of my system.....Feeling better....fermented beverage is doing it's job.......
kevyn668
Crimson Jack Posted on Dec 24 2003, 01:48 AM
1. Vandal - Human team leader. Jack of all trades. Wears his leather and six o'clock shadow well. Has a charismatic personality with a touch of grit. Runs with his long-time g/f, Mynx.

Collin Ferril (eh, whatever)

2. Mynx - Human rigger. Sports a snug fighter pilot's helmet and tight jeans. No bullshit personality is what we're going for here. Tough lassie who has the skillz to pay the bills. She'll be flying a Northrup Wasp painted in black/grey.

Angelina Jolee

3. Calico - Cat Shaman. Elven Kittie Shaman. The totem should describe the character. The script will highlight her curious nature, so the look will be important.

Piper Perabo or the chic from "She's All That"(she's cute)

4. Jungo - Troll axe-bearer. The team's obviously chromed runner. We'll be using LOTR scaling technology to make him appear the correct size. Huge. Muscles are a plus, but so is his acting ability. Jungo will be fast for his size, so someone limber & large would be great.

The Rock (large, in charge, and nimble)

5. Matador - Ork G-Man. Minor prosthetics will be needed to complete the look, but again, the actor should resemble a stocky, brutish character. Wide shoulders a plus. The character is a bit of a show-off and definitely a philanderer.

Ron Pearlman as: The orc Merc... No make up he already looks like an orc (D Generate posted this in the other thread)
John Campbell
QUOTE (Tiralee)
...breakdancing adept shadowrunners...

Centering skill!
Bearclaw
I'd use Mel Gibson, Farrel's too young.
Racheal Leigh Cook is the girl from She's All That (who could have guessed that she could be hot if you fixed her hair and put some real clothes on her wink.gif )
I'd use Fairuza Balk, though. She played the cat girl in Island of Dr Moreau convincingly I thought.

PS Revved up like a Duece is the only version that makes sense. Duece is a slang term for a '32 Ford coup, which has always been a favorite of hotrodders (and is used in the Beach Boys song Little Duece Coup).
The Grifter
You know, for some reason that old movie "The Warriors" comes to mind.

"Halloweeners, come out and playyy-ayyyyy". *LMAO*

For frag's sake, if they're really doing a SR movie, they better do it right. Not like that drekky D&D movie with the guy who played Homie The Clown.
D.Generate
QUOTE (kevyn668)

Ron Pearlman as: The orc Merc... No make up he already looks like an orc (D Generate posted this in the other thread)

I'm glad some one finally agrees with me on this. Hell if it wasn't for their being aliens in Alien Ressurection you would swear they were just a shadowrun team led by an orc. In fact if you imagine the aliens as "BUG" spirits it works even better.
Zazen
QUOTE (The Grifter)
For frag's sake, if they're really doing a SR movie, they better do it right. Not like that drekky D&D movie with the guy who played Homie The Clown.

They didn't even get Homey The Clown, they just got his lame brother. Homey would've significantly improved the movie, IMO. smile.gif
simonw2000
QUOTE (Bearclaw)
Revved up like a Deuce is the only version that makes sense. Deuce is a slang term for a '32 Ford coup, which has always been a favorite of hotrodders (and is used in the Beach Boys song Little Duece Coup).

If anyone has the book "Flappers 2 Rappers", it'll confirm this for sure.
Crimson Jack
Shadowrun movie update:

The movie is a go and the producers are leaving the casting call in the hands of the DS community! The breakdancing shadowrunners have been axed in lieu of either A) the movie being turned into a Disneyesque musical, complete with singing awakened critters... or B) an art film shot in high-contrast B&W, complete with no sound, only music from Kraftwerk.

rotfl.gif and if y'all haven't figured out that I've been joking about all this, hopefully this will put it to rest. LOL... for those of you that continue to believe the hype, I've got a big wet fomorian to slap you with. rotfl.gif

And I'm still at work, even on Christmas Eve, d'oh!
The Jake
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Shadowrun movie update:

The movie is a go and the producers are leaving the casting call in the hands of the DS community! The breakdancing shadowrunners have been axed in lieu of either A) the movie being turned into a Disneyesque musical, complete with singing awakened critters... or B) an art film shot in high-contrast B&W, complete with no sound, only music from Kraftwerk.

rotfl.gif and if y'all haven't figured out that I've been joking about all this, hopefully this will put it to rest. LOL... for those of you that continue to believe the hype, I've got a big wet fomorian to slap you with. rotfl.gif

And I'm still at work, even on Christmas Eve, d'oh!

lies make baby jesus cry
BumsofTacoma
duece also means 2, as in cards. cut loose like a duece makes sense too.
Kagetenshi
Deuce also means excrement, as in "number two".

~J
Hasaku
Deuce is also a name for the devil, as in, "The deuce you say!"
BumsofTacoma
pfffft exriment, we all know the true pronunciation is "dwarf"
thunderchild
QUOTE (D.Generate)
QUOTE (kevyn668 @ Dec 24 2003, 03:15 PM)

I'm glad some one finally agrees with me on this. Hell if it wasn't for their being aliens in Alien Ressurection you would swear they were just a shadowrun team led by an orc. In fact if you imagine the aliens as "BUG" spirits it works even better.

it shows in blade 2 aswell.
Phaeton
QUOTE (kryton)
How about Shadowrun: The movie "Return of the Bling"

Jasper the fallen king of the LA Knights (a mad skillz wrapping/Break dancing to old school hip hop) has to take on the throngs of angry orks and trolls when the Gangster Pimp "Mr. Georgous" looses his pimp daddy ring that's totally bling bling. The pimpin' ring is lost and none of his "ho's" can find it. Well one day a little man "Beetlejuice" the angry midget find's the bling bling. The bling bling is so kickin' it drives him into the underground.......Now Mr. Georgous has sent out his ho's lookin' for the bling bling and this gay guy who is called a Hobit finds the ring and his boyfriend realizing the bling bling is too powerfull for any one man sets out to drop the bling bling in the gutter at Mt.Doom St.....Yo it's a powerfull story about midgets, pimp's and ho's......

Sorry I had to do a cheezy LOTR take off....It' s out of my system.....Feeling better....fermented beverage is doing it's job.......

ROTLFMFAO!!! rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012