Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Keep Flyin'
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Gray
QUOTE (Meriss @ Sep 18 2008, 10:11 PM) *
Beauty! Thank you sir. Should we post chars here or PM them to you?

PM the character sheets to me. You can reveal as much or as little of it as you want later in the OOC thread when we get started. I know some people like an online record of their sheet so I will reserve a post in OOC for them (spoilered of course) for you if you wish. That is by no means required, and I know it would not work for a few of the characters I have received already, but I will make it available if you want it. All characters will have the name they are known by, a brief physical description and campaign role posted, under which I can add the character sheet If you want it there.
CrazyTao
http://steedt.tripod.com/

Pic of the Dr. in professional mode.
When do we get to meet each other? Do you want anything more from us?
Gray
QUOTE (CrazyTao @ Sep 19 2008, 11:57 AM) *
When do we get to meet each other? Do you want anything more from us?

I was waiting for a few more chacracter sheets, but I can set up the OOC and IC threads this weekend. As for anything more right now: confirm or dispute my assumptions as to who was on the original crew of the Jade Pearl, who came later, and who will be new. Also if anyone needs a NewTech item, post what you want it to do here and I'll tell you what it will cost.

Original Crew
Jacob Braylock
Bruce Cruickshank
Hal Gatlin
Li Kao *(he came with the ship)
the gunslinger?

Crew Added Before the Ship Was Impounded
Michael Hicks
the gunslinger?

New
JJ Santiago
D. Tsan
the gunslinger?
Number Ten Ox (Li Kao bought him a few months ago)
Redjack
QUOTE (Gray @ Sep 19 2008, 01:12 PM) *
Original Crew
the gunslinger?

[b]Crew Added Before the Ship Was Impounded

the gunslinger?

New
the gunslinger?
Where do I get that 'asset'? nyahnyah.gif

Have the rest of my character completed this weekend.
Meriss
Sounds good to me. Lemme finsh typing JJ up and I'll be ready to get rolling.
Thanee
Serenity!

If you are still looking for players (now or at a later point), let me know. smile.gif

Serenity Adventures

Is that book out yet? Even Amazon lists it as not yet available here...

Bye
Thanee
CrazyTao
Yes, we picked it up at our localish gamestore the other day hoping there was more character information it it, but its just....adventures.
Donum Moriarty
QUOTE (Gray @ Sep 19 2008, 01:12 PM) *
Crew Added Before the Ship Was Impounded
Michael Hicks
the gunslinger?

This looks accurate, I joined the crew about 11 months ago from our starting date, many months before the ship was impounded.

Very much looking forward to getting started! smile.gif

Gray
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 19 2008, 02:03 PM) *
Serenity!

If you are still looking for players (now or at a later point), let me know. smile.gif

Is that book out yet? Even Amazon lists it as not yet available here...

Bye
Thanee

Hi, Thanee! I can handle one more player if you want to join us. I have not heard from the guy on the maybe list all week. Even if I do.. 8 players, 9 players... not too much difference.

I got Serenity Adventures (signed by Jamie Chambers) at GenCon. Knowing MWP, they probably rushed to get some out in time for Gen Con, and now they need to get more printed already.
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 19 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Where do I get that 'asset'? nyahnyah.gif

Have the rest of my character completed this weekend.

The Gunslinger is Dirtz's character: I do not know his name yet. I was tempted to call him Roy O'Bannon, but I just left it at Gunslinger....
Redjack
QUOTE (Gray @ Sep 19 2008, 07:13 PM) *
The Gunslinger is Dirtz's character: I do not know his name yet. I was tempted to call him Roy O'Bannon, but I just left it at Gunslinger....
I know. I was being a little facetious. biggrin.gif
I was poking fun at the multiple states of being for his character.. Kind of a multiple time lines paradox type of thing. That way if we get into a scrape I don't like, I can just switch to a different timeline I do like. smile.gif
And a poke at Dirtz for being behind even me in character development. nyahnyah.gif
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 19 2008, 07:36 PM) *
I know. I was being a little facetious. biggrin.gif
I was poking fun at the multiple states of being for his character.. Kind of a multiple time lines paradox type of thing. That way if we get into a scrape I don't like, I can just switch to a different timeline I do like. smile.gif
And a poke at Dirtz for being behind even me in character development. nyahnyah.gif

Maybe they'll do Doctor Who for the Cortex Sytem and it will make sense? wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Gray @ Sep 20 2008, 01:27 AM) *
Hi, Thanee! I can handle one more player if you want to join us. I have not heard from the guy on the maybe list all week. Even if I do.. 8 players, 9 players... not too much difference.

Sweet! Sent you a proposed character via PM. smile.gif

I got Serenity Adventures (signed by Jamie Chambers) at GenCon. Knowing MWP, they probably rushed to get some out in time for Gen Con, and now they need to get more printed already.

Ok, that makes sense. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Dirtz
Roy O Bannon? pfff

I'm searching for a character we made up together when Serenity came out. I would hate to have to reconstruct him. I like the name Casey, Casey Underhill. :insert scrub brush rolling by: A "reformed" Brown coat who is quite full of himself and has a nasty "what's in it for me" streak. He couldn't hack it as a farmer after he was released, actually pulled out the iron and made some poachers real dead when he just ain't ought to. Now he's on the move and looking for work doing what he does best...
Gray
It's not quite done yet, but here is a link to the OOC thread ==> Keep Flyin' - OOC Thread
Redjack
I don't want to clutter up the OOC thread as people are posting in their character concepts now, so I'll post it here. I know the timing stinks, but I am heading out at 3am tomorrow for the airport and will be out of town on business all week, returning just in time for a Cub Scout camp out... I will try to post in, but if it all goes to hell in a hand basket, could be next Monday before I post in.
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 22 2008, 03:42 PM) *
I don't want to clutter up the OOC thread as people are posting in their character concepts now, so I'll post it here. I know the timing stinks, but I am heading out at 3am tomorrow for the airport and will be out of town on business all week, returning just in time for a Cub Scout camp out... I will try to post in, but if it all goes to hell in a hand basket, could be next Monday before I post in.

Okay. I don't have all the character sheets yet, anyway. I am also in preparation for my blackbelt test on October 4th.
CrazyTao
Slackers!

No, I'm kidding, really, a week here and there no worries between work and other stuff I"m happier if you guys come back more focused, or leave us with something to work on or think about. Good luck with the black belt and good luck with the cub scouts!
Gray
QUOTE (CrazyTao @ Sep 22 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Slackers!

No, I'm kidding, really, a week here and there no worries between work and other stuff I"m happier if you guys come back more focused, or leave us with something to work on or think about. Good luck with the black belt and good luck with the cub scouts!

I'm still here... just not as focused as I'd like. As soon as all the characyer sheets are in we can hash out the final details in OOC, although it might be tough to start without the captain. I can probably have Badger start by interviewing the new people, but I had intended to have that done off screen, before the game begins.
Thanee
It's just a week until next monday, anyways...

Bye
Thanee
Divine Virus
In Belgium now, and trying to get my life organized. Will try to have character done soon.
Cheers!
DV
Meriss
I'm almost done just been in happy hummingbird mode. (AKA all over the net, trying to find inspration/distraction) Just need to try and capture the deep biting humour and edge which is going to make JJ a lousy jerk.

Question, If JJ chain smokes do I need to take Addiction?

Also if anyone is in a creative mood feel free to take a stab at JJ
Gray
QUOTE (Meriss @ Sep 23 2008, 10:37 PM) *
I'm almost done just been in happy hummingbird mode. (AKA all over the net, trying to find inspration/distraction) Just need to try and capture the deep biting humour and edge which is going to make JJ a lousy jerk.

Well depends on how much he smokes, what he smokes, etc. If he is a fop who smokes a cigarette in a holder to create an air at social events only, I'd say no. But if they need to change the air scrubbers every other day on the Pearl because he chain smokes, I'd say yes. Nicotine is a powerful drug, and Blue Sun is just as greedy if not moreso than Phillip Morris, so I imagine they found ways to make it even more addictive in the 26th century.
Donum Moriarty
QUOTE (Meriss @ Sep 23 2008, 08:37 PM) *

Well from what you describe, the first personality profile that came to my mind was Denis Leary. smile.gif

Chain-smoking, lousy-jerkish type character. Maybe a bit too high-strung for JJ, I dunno. He's just the first person that sprang immediately to mind when I read your comments. smile.gif
Meriss
Yah thought about Leary but he's too Anglo for what I want. JJ is a blend of Latino, Anglo, and a bit of Chinese.
Gray
QUOTE (Meriss @ Sep 25 2008, 08:17 AM) *
Yah thought about Leary but he's too Anglo for what I want. JJ is a blend of Latino, Anglo, and a bit of Chinese.

I was thinking more John Leguizamo...
Meriss
QUOTE (Gray @ Sep 25 2008, 11:29 AM) *
I was thinking more John Leguizamo...

Yah Leguizamo is closer. Just imagine him with long hair. >-< close to finishing char sheet.
Redjack
Back and ready to go!!

-- Do we have an IC?
Divine Virus
I was about to finish my character, but it looks like my PDF of the corebook might have become corrupted. Could someone please tell me how many points we have to spend on skills? I should be able to remember enough to finish the character if someone can tell me that. I am currently installing and trying two different PDF readers to see if one of them can open the document.
Thanks!
DV
Thanee

And no, Redjack, there's no IC yet, we waited for you (and for the remaining character sheets, apparantly wink.gif).

Welcome back! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Divine Virus
So none of those PDF readers worked. Looks like I am without my rulebook. So I may need to do some consulting on rules. I think I have enough to more or less finish my character
Thanee
If you need any more help, just ask. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Donum Moriarty
Same here, DV. I own the book too, and though I am not a 'master' of the game by any stretch, I am happy to try and help however I can. smile.gif
Meriss
Almost done, hopefully you'l have mine in yer box before I hit the hay tonight.

Redjack are you using Adobe? or what?

Grey did you post the ship's stats yet? I think I missed them. Also briefly how much fer smokes? Prolly a cheap brand JJ picked up in an Eavesdown shop. A carton of Marlboros is about 25 US. 1 credit seems stingy though.

@All: Behold the majesty of JJ's pimpin suit. To be fair it was the hat that sold me.
Gray
We could use one more player in the game if anyone would like to play a pilot. Feel free to make up a new character, as the old pilot disappeared in-game.
Redjack
In any case, the captain can pilot if needed.
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Oct 9 2008, 08:46 PM) *
In any case, the captain can pilot if needed.

True.
Thanee
Flying the ship around isn't really a full-time job, anyways (for the player). wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gray
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 10 2008, 01:52 PM) *
Flying the ship around isn't really a full-time job, anyways (for the player). wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

No but at one time we decided that being the captain was. Li Kao can take a shift on helm, just don't ask him to be a "leaf on the wind" or anything... smile.gif
Karaden
QUOTE (Gray @ Oct 9 2008, 07:44 PM) *
We could use one more player in the game if anyone would like to play a pilot. Feel free to make up a new character, as the old pilot disappeared in-game.

Is that an invitation to outside players? I'd be interested, give me a bit to look over what exactly is going on.
Gray
QUOTE (Karaden @ Oct 10 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Is that an invitation to outside players? I'd be interested, give me a bit to look over what exactly is going on.

Yes it is. Look over the posts, and let me know what you think. My only stipulation is that your character does not know any of the crew of the Jade Pearl to start the game. You will be a free agent hired by Badger.

If you decide to join us, the Bonus Plot Point Offer for a short story detailing the way your character spent the previous evening is still open.
Karaden
QUOTE (Gray @ Oct 10 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Yes it is. Look over the posts, and let me know what you think. My only stipulation is that your character does not know any of the crew of the Jade Pearl to start the game. You will be a free agent hired by Badger.

If you decide to join us, the Bonus Plot Point Offer for a short story detailing the way your character spent the previous evening is still open.

Very easy to abide by, I'll simply not read what has been going on past the introductions. If there is any info you'd like me to know beyond the introduction, please tell.

I'll assume that by reading everything I'll understand what exactly the short story details. Should be fun.
Gray
QUOTE (Karaden @ Oct 10 2008, 08:01 PM) *
Very easy to abide by, I'll simply not read what has been going on past the introductions. If there is any info you'd like me to know beyond the introduction, please tell.

I'll assume that by reading everything I'll understand what exactly the short story details. Should be fun.

Just a few paragraphs on what happened to your character on the day before the game began. Read the ones that are already in the OOC thread to get an idea. There really isn't anything you need to know from the current IC thread. Just that you are on standby to maybe get a big job from Badger. Depending on who your character is he(she) may have met Li Kao in passing, but does not know he is part of the crew, or really much about him at all.

Characters are Veteran Level - 48 points.
Karaden
Fae Hotaru was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, though she insists the doctors put it there later. The Hotaru family runs a fairly profitable trade business, usually taking frontier colonies for all their worth in exchange for most of the food they'll need till the next trade ship comes in. Fae however never much cared for the life of luxury, and generally did everything she could to tick them off. She wasn't stupid, but she'd do poorly in school just because, she'd slip off at night to do shang di knows what, and she'd often sneak onto one of her families ships and take it on a joy ride.

The last of those activities was always her favourite, and of course also one of the most frowned upon. Rich kids didn't need good grades and could be bought out of jail if it was needed, but a damaged trade shuttle is hard to recover from, not that she usually hurt anything.

Even now that she's run away her parents keep the credit line open in hopes it'll draw their daughter back, or at least keep her well in the mean time. And even now she does things she thinks would make them pi hua qi ku zi just for the sake of it, despite they have no idea about it.
Gray
QUOTE (Karaden @ Oct 10 2008, 09:23 PM) *
Fae Hotaru was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, though she insists the doctors put it there later. The Hotaru family runs a fairly profitable trade business, usually taking frontier colonies for all their worth in exchange for most of the food they'll need till the next trade ship comes in. Fae however never much cared for the life of luxury, and generally did everything she could to tick them off. She wasn't stupid, but she'd do poorly in school just because, she'd slip off at night to do shang di knows what, and she'd often sneak onto one of her families ships and take it on a joy ride.

The last of those activities was always her favourite, and of course also one of the most frowned upon. Rich kids didn't need good grades and could be bought out of jail if it was needed, but a damaged trade shuttle is hard to recover from, not that she usually hurt anything.

Even now that she's run away her parents keep the credit line open in hopes it'll draw their daughter back, or at least keep her well in the mean time. And even now she does things she thinks would make them pi hua qi ku zi just for the sake of it, despite they have no idea about it.

Okay, Fae will fit in nicely. If you wish to join us, PM me a character sheet.
Karaden
Will do once I've finished making it (Just got started and not too familiar with the rules yet (Got the book cause it looked awesome but never played an actual game)).
Donum Moriarty
Welcome aboard, Karaden! smile.gif
Karaden
Many thanks. Should be making my first post as soon as I ensure my character has Gray's ok. She should be making quite an entrance.
Karaden
So, I know GM said he expected 1-2 posts a week, but I kinda thought that was more a minimum then a most to expect. Anyone know if anything has happened to our GM?

Hate to sound complacent (No... wrong word... what am I looking for? ...anyway) but not hearing anything from him for 6 days has me worried. I think maybe someone hasn't posted yet who is in the bigger scene, is that what we're waiting on?
Redjack
I know he's been strapped down at work and getting ready for a black belt test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012