Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Basic Mage gear questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ontological Zombie
I've checked again and again, but I seem to keep missing the purpose of these two pieces of gear in the BBB.

1. Conjuration materials, at 1500x force. Do I need this to summon anything bigger than a watcher spirit? How big is it? Can I carry it with me, or should I summon whatever I'm gonna need at home.

2. Biofiber. What's biofiber?

Thanks.
Ol' Scratch
Conjuring Materials are used for binding spirits, not summoning. Read up on Binding Spirits in the main sourcebook.

Biofiber is basically plywood that is solid to astral forms. It's just as much a barrier on the astral plane as it is on the physical. It, too, is listed in the main sourcebook.
Ontological Zombie
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Sep 14 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Conjuring Materials are used for binding spirits, not summoning. Read up on Binding Spirits in the main sourcebook.

The binding materials cost 500 nuyen per force. The conjuration materials I'm referring to are listed at 1500 per force. Is this a typo, or are they different things?
Ryu
1) Spirit binding materials, 500*force. Now aptly named, they are used for spirit binding. Tradition-specific, weight (IIRC) not specified.

2) Living fibers that are useful obstacles on the astral plane due to having an aura.
Ol' Scratch
It seems they like using "ritual binding materials" in the text at places (most notably Street Magic). But yes, Conjuring Materials are what you use to bind spirits. No idea why the costs are different from the descriptive text on page 180, though.

EDIT: Ah, I found the problem. The errata fixes it up.

p. 340 Magical Supplies Table
Change “Conjuring Materials” to “Spirit Binding Materials” and change the Cost to Force x 500¥.
Ontological Zombie
Cool, thanks, it was throwing me off a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012