Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: At the end of the rainbow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LostProxy
Ok so me and my friends were talking about legends that would have become true because of the awakening and I brought up a point that we are still wondering about today. Would there be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I know, random, pointless question, but I honestly want to know just because of the fluff that could go along with it. What if multiple people found the gold at once? Would there be a fight or perhaps a test to see who actually gets it? Perhaps its just a trap to draw wannabe treasure seekers to their doom. Maybe getting devoured by a malevolent little person with a napoleon complex. Whatever the case may be what do you think?
Cang
Try out a free spirit with a dark sense of humor.

"Gold, holy crap! *grabs as much as he can* " Then he goes to sell it and finds out they are all fake or chocolate or something. " They were real when i grabbed them, i swear!"

Maybe even have some critter that they have to fight just to make it seem even more legit then it is.
ImmoralSalvage
Now since your asking about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I thought I would bring up where it comes from. The fable is that a leprechaun granted one wish to a couple who was very poor and had little. They asked for riches of gold and silver. The leprechaun was angered that the couple would be so selfish, but as a hint, told them he put their riches in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and the story goes the couple is still looking for the end of the rainbow to this day. so the myth its self is about punishment it is kind of like the tale of the Wandering Jew, The Rime of the ancient mariner, or Jack-O-Lantern. Now you could have something cast a rainbow like spell that touches the ground from one place to another. The thing I would do with the gold on the end of it would be to curse it. You know make it so they can’t get a good nights sleep, because they think someone might steal the gold. Lonestar, and others hounds them so they have to move from place to place. That causes a wandering effect that ties it into the original myth. I would have the curse end once they tracked down the rainbow again, and put the gold back.
Tarantula
Wealth power anyone?
the_real_elwood
I'm thinking, localized mana storm-type conditions create gold at the ends of the rainbow, but as soon as the rainbow ends, the gold disappears/turns into something mundane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012