Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosmetic Surgery
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mike_the_fish
I have a character who now wants to change her identity and alter her face. Are rules for cosmetic surgery like this covered in any of the books? How much does it cost? And if it isn't covered, do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
Corywn
There is information on Cosmetic Surgery in M&M, toward the back...however it more addresses the ilk of hair transplants and breast augmentation...

I'd suggest combining it to an extent with the information in SOTA:2063 for genetic alteration (not a modification, but specifically changing your DNA to hide from scanners.)
Siege
Changing faces and identities are always complicated things.

1. Download the Chrome -> SR netbook and have a look at "exotics" table for some ideas of cosmetic bioware.

2. Realize that unless you interact with contacts by anonymous communication (telephone, email), changing your appearance is really gonna screw with your ability to interact with people who know you on sight.

3. DNA is a little more complicated, although as noted SotA has numbers for complicating the analysis process. If you're in so much drek you have to change your DNA, you might as well leave the country or shoot yourself and save someone the bullet.

-Siege
mike_the_fish
Indeed, I don't think a whole DNA change was required - merely something more akin to a disguise
Bearclaw
If you're doing a change, you can't really keep your contacts, cause they all have a price.
Corywn
when I referenced the info in SotA, I was doing so to show that those rules could be used (with some modification) to represent the effect of the surgery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012