Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: September Catalyst Game Labs Shadowrun Chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Synner
Well, GenCon has come and gone and you’re all wondering why we’ve been so quiet. Well, a large part of it is due to the lead developer’s having just become a dad (a lot earlier than he had planned), and smaller part of it is due to the fact that we’re working away behind the scenes on all the cool projects we announced at GenCon…

If you didn’t get to attend the Shadowrun seminar or talk to us at the booth at GenCon, you are probably wondering what those projects might be. Well, you can find out first hand this weekend. Catalyst is holding the monthly Shadowrun chat this coming Saturday (Sept. 20), as usual the chat will be held in the Battlecorps Shadowrun Chatroom and will take place at the usual time (10 AM PDT).

This month’s chat will be dedicated to our upcoming releases and the Shadowrun schedule for 2009 and beyond. Did I mention Shadowrun turns 20 in 2009? No? Well, rest assured that we have plans an surprises for the momentous ocassion. Drop by on Saturday and find out more about what they might be…
Backgammon
Congratulations to this lead developer dude on becoming a dad... or is that Parabéns? smile.gif
Fortune
I'll definitely add my congrats, and best wishes for the family. smile.gif
Prime Mover
Gratz on new baby! Got another coming soon myself....nothing ever compares to that first moment you see that new edition errr addition smile.gif
Cain
Congrats on becoming a dad!

From one dad to another, let me tell you this: Your life, as you knew it, is over.

Luckily, what is to come is much, much better. biggrin.gif
knasser
Congratulations on becoming a parent. I'm sure the little sprog will have lots of build points.

On a seperate issue - this is the first time I've ever got the chat room to work for me, so I'll see people there!

-Khadim.
Prime Mover
Still have no clue whats wrong with my computer and battlecorps chat. Had to reload page and relog 3 times to get it to work. When I log in I only get whatever happens to be up on screen at the moment. Then it either disconnects me or I have to relog to see anything beyond that. Now after three times logging in it seems to be working although pretty sluggish. Tried different browsers and still all same. Any clues?

Running Xp with firefox/explorer/googlechrome, noscript,avast and hardly anything running in background on a pretty up to date set of hardware. Also all software patched up to date. I hate having to wait week or more for transcripts when I'm here trying participate ;( Any input appreciated.

Edit: I did get one question in but way out of context due to not haveing a clue were the chat was ;(.
knasser
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 20 2008, 07:01 PM) *
Still have no clue whats wrong with my computer and battlecorps chat. Had to reload page and relog 3 times to get it to work. When I log in I only get whatever happens to be up on screen at the moment. Then it either disconnects me or I have to relog to see anything beyond that. Now after three times logging in it seems to be working although pretty sluggish. Tried different browsers and still all same. Any clues?

Running Xp with firefox/explorer/googlechrome, noscript,avast and hardly anything running in background on a pretty up to date set of hardware. Also all software patched up to date. I hate having to wait week or more for transcripts when I'm here trying participate ;( Any input appreciated.

Edit: I did get one question in but way out of context due to not haveing a clue were the chat was ;(.

I would have had a transcript I could post, but I crashed out part way through so didn't bother keeping it. Wasn't the chat though, just my computer. There was a lot of interesting stuff (not meaning to tease you Prime Mover), the gist of which was that every day in 2009 is actually going to be my birthday. Vice sourcebooks, Critter sourcebooks, 20th anniversay celebratory products, boxed introductory sets. A GM screen! Drop Bears! Adventure arcs a bit like Blood in the Boardroom (ish). Good stuff.
Prime Mover
Thanks for the thought knasser, someone did show me a transcript .....birthday indeed. This edition has keep me hovering around the feeding trough and looks like i'm not leaveing anytime soon. nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
hobgoblin
i found that going to the settings window (the button with the cog) and turning on heartbeat will keep the chat up if it takes a bit before new text shows.

at one point i turned it of again, and ended up getting a timeout between lines from synner.

basically it seems the chat will think the connection is dead if it takes to long for someone to write anything into it...

also, i spotted one core of my dual-core setup hovering around 100% the whole time, that java vm was going nuts...
Prime Mover
My best guess was a Java problem, I'll try the setting change ya mentioned. And that seems like whats going on, long pauses seem to disconnect chat.
hobgoblin
btw, it dawned on me why they use the java chat rather then irc. i dont think that irc have the capabilities that they use in moderated mode...
Adam
Official transcript and summary is up: http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=250
Naysayer
For want of a better place, I just wanted to add my congratulations to Synner for successfully laying the foundations of the Taylor Dynasty at CGL... SR should be safe for another generation, now smile.gif

Now I'll have a go at the chat-transcript.
Cardul
Now, all wee need is the traditional Pod-cast of the "What's up with Shadowrun" seminar, and things will be complete! I know there is stuff mentioned there that was not mentioned here..there always is!
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 22 2008, 05:06 AM) *
Official transcript and summary is up: http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/?p=250

that was fast wink.gif

slow day, adam?
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 22 2008, 06:39 AM) *
Now, all wee need is the traditional Pod-cast of the "What's up with Shadowrun" seminar, and things will be complete! I know there is stuff mentioned there that was not mentioned here..there always is!

It wasn't recorded. Go to Gen Con! wink.gif
Dumori
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 22 2008, 08:26 PM) *
It wasn't recorded. Go to Gen Con! wink.gif

Just wish I could but it would cost me close to a grand to get there and well with my income it wouldn't happen even if my GF let me.
Tycho
What is with the July Chat Transcript?

haven't seen it so far.

cya
Tycho
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012