Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dragons and Wyvern
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sk8bcn
This thread is about the Ancient Files. The author says this:

"The wyvern is actually probably the adloscent form of the Western Dragon, though Western Dragons categorally deny this".

this supposition comes, IMO, from the appearance of baby dragons, looking like wyverns.

However, as the majority of 4th era people thinks of dragon as dangerous mind-less murders, I came to think that this belief originates from adolescent dragons (which, hence, can't be wyverns).

I think that wyvern are a form of degenerate cousins of dragons (like monkeys and humans-no I don't imply here that monkeys are degenerated humans...).

To highlighten my opinion:
Dragons spends 100 years in baby form. If wyvern were adolscent dragons, and if dragons awoke after 2000, no wyvern would appear before 2100. Thus adolescent dragons (roaming around and dangerous) are not going to appear before some time.

Ancient History
Unless, natch, they're the adolescent dragons from the last age waking up from hibernation.

I don't make statements likely. If you read the relevant portions of the ED Dragons PDF, and compare with additional remarks made in Creatures of Barsaive and Paranormal Animals of Europe, among others, there is the strong intimation that wyverns may be adolescent, feral dragons.
sk8bcn
agrees: I am wrong: Vasdenjas admit they do look like wyverns.

And they act the same.

Moreso, no wyvern die by getting old.

yes Wyvern must be adolescent young dragons.

I admit I was wrong biggrin.gif
knasser
Well that was a short thread, wasn't it?
Fortune
No point drag'n it out unnecessarily. wink.gif biggrin.gif
darthmord
Because if we do, some GD will make sure we are wyrm food?
Ryu
QUOTE (knasser @ Sep 24 2008, 07:00 PM) *
Well that was a short thread, wasn't it?

Yes, it was.
knasser
QUOTE (Fortune @ Sep 24 2008, 09:21 PM) *
No point drag'n it out unnecessarily. wink.gif biggrin.gif

Wow! If that joke were any older it would have the Twist Fate power.

It's on a whole different scale. wink.gif biggrin.gif
sk8bcn
Hey, I admit when I am just wrong nyahnyah.gif

Isn't that a positive thing?
Arawyn
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 24 2008, 09:16 PM) *
among others, there is the strong intimation that wyverns may be adolescent, feral dragons.

Ahhh, but they could they also just simply be an expression of neoteny?

(my effort in stretching too little butter over too much bread). wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012