Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Activesofts without skill wires?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CoyoteNZ
I was wondering can you have activesofts without skill wires?

I know that normally these would be no use at all, but how about an activesoft for piloting or driving a drone, or a gunnary one. While you are in full VR mode, you aren't using your body, so therefore your skillwires would be of no use to you whatsoever, so in this case could your riger use an activesoft?

Max,
Dunedin, NZ
Jaid
nope. well, you sorta can... if you look closely, you'll notice that the cyborg adaptation mod comes with the drone basically having built-in skillwires smile.gif if it's not a humanoid drone, you need special activesofts to make use of it, but otherwise it should work fine.
Ol' Scratch
You're not supposed to notice these things when it comes to activesofts. Shh. (I'm still wondering why I need skillwires to use, for example, the First Aid, Computers, or Software skills myself.)
CoyoteNZ
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Oct 2 2008, 06:45 PM) *
(I'm still wondering why I need skillwires to use, for example, the First Aid, Computers, or Software skills myself.)

Good example,

personally I would have expected the best place to be programming would be fully VR anyhow. Does access to the matrix via VR count as a faculty for programing.

Floyd
I would imagine that skill wires affect the nervous system in regard to using VR: Can you run all day in VR and jack out tired?

Or maybe it's a scam, you can use the computer skillsoft without a signal from the wires. Corps make you buy both.
Nkari
irs a scam must be.. *runs and hides*

serious answer.. who knows.. =)
faultline
Only case I know of is via the new Technomancer Echo: Bioware (Unwired pg.145)

Found this the other day when I was flipping through Unwired helping one of my players build his Techno.

Prob not what you were looking for though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012