Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR-Style Books
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rlemansky
Greetings.

Since the regular novels have been on a bit of a hiatus, what are folks reading while waiting for new novels to be printed?

I found Glen Cook's 'Garrett Files' to be very SR in feel. Noir detective set in a world of ogres, elves and sundry creatures. One of his best 'friends' is a stylish elf assassin, Morley Dotes. Quite a good read, if you can find them.

Any others out there?

R
spotlite
I can think of some good cyberpunk style authors and books that've come out recently, and plenty of them have ideas to steal if nothing else, but I've not come across anything with the magic/tech fix, never mind elves and orks and stuff.

So thanks for the tip. Glen Cook. Glen Cook. Must remember through christmas alcohol. Glen Cook. Glen Cook...
Kagetenshi
The Iron Dragon's Daughter, by Michael Swanwick. Beautiful book, magic/tech mix (though more on the former), and all sorts of dystopian goodness.
Really, I do not have enough good things to say about that book.

~J
Munchkinslayer
QUOTE (spotlite)
So thanks for the tip. Glen Cook. Glen Cook. Must remember through christmas alcohol. Glen Cook. Glen Cook...

If you can't find The Garret Files look for the following: Sweet silver blues, Bitter gold hearts, Cold copper tears. I believe TGF is an omnibus of the trilogy.

You may wanna check out Nacy A. Collins Sonja Blue trilogy. Sunglasses after dark, In the blood, & Paint it black. Also available under one cover called Midnight Blue. There's nothing cyber about it but it sure is punk. And it has magic, ogres, assorted magical nasties, yadda yadda.
thunderchild
I got 8 sr novels for xmas so... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012