Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armed up Renraku Manservant-3
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CoyoteNZ
It is possible (at GM's discretion) to place cyberimplants/upgrades in a drones Mechanical Arm(s).

If I was to put a gun in a Manservant (Arsenal pg 121)'s Arm, what skill would skill would the jumped in rigger use to fire it?

Gunnery or Pistol?

Also, if rather than installing a gun in its arm, what skill would I use if the rigger just picked up a weapon with its arm and tried to use it, Gunnery or Pistol (or what ever type of weapon it picks up)

I assume if I wanted the pilot to use it, I would have to do a software rewrite for it, as it's pilot wouldn't know what to do with it otherwise.

Max,
Dunedin, NZ
Stahlseele
if i remember correctly, everything built in is gunnery and everything picked up and held is appropriate firearms skill . . of course, i have been proven to be wrong time and time again . .
Neraph
Gunnery is for mounted weapons, weapon skills (longarms, pistols, ect..) for weapons picked up, and I'd say Exotic Ranged Weapon (Cybergun) for one built in.
Lionhearted
Wasnt the whole point of the Manservant-3 to make personal drones LESS dangerous? Sheeze, soon its Arcology all over again
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 6 2008, 06:34 AM) *
Gunnery is for mounted weapons, weapon skills (longarms, pistols, ect..) for weapons picked up, and I'd say Exotic Ranged Weapon (Cybergun) for one built in.

just curious, where do you see the difference between gunnery using a weapon mounted on the OUTSIDE of the frame and a weapon built into/mounted on the INSIDE of the drone chassis?
Digital Heroin
I'm actually quite interested in the core question itself, here: is it possible to install cyberware in a drone?

If you consider that the Cyborg Adaptation, a single slot modification to a vehicle, allows for 12 Capacity worth of cyberware to be added, then cyberware must be compatible with vehicles on some level, yet I see no official mention of the two being married together, and how that would be. Mechanical arms aren't fundamentally different from cyberarms, as it were. A cyberarm simply has a greater level of interfacing built into it. The Manservant itself expressly mentions the attributes of the arms; the customization to attributes, then, would seem to apply, even if the "locking" of the arms is left ambiguous as to its effects.

But what of Wired Reflexes, and similar 'ware? Well, once again Cyborg Adaptation includes skillwires, so it would seem a drone's "nervous system" can be tweaked. Perhaps I'm reading too much into things, but it would seem cyberware and an anthroform drone aren't mutually exclusive.

As for the Gunnery v. Pistols, as stated above, it depends on what you're firing. If the weapon is mounted or implanted into the drone, then it would be Gunnery. If the drone is picking the weapon up, it would be the appropriate skill, hence drone autosofts including Blades, et al. A Rigger using a drone's autosofts, however, is a more nebulous problem. I'm not sure they could, but speak from an un-educated standpoint.
Stahlseele
at least for mechanical arms it's somewhere mentioned, that you can load up cyber-ware into them on a vehicle . . i'm still waiting for the time when a van just unfolds a set of arms and pulls out a mini or autocannon from it's storage compartment only to fire it using an arm gyro-mount . . i imagine the headlights going >:( while it does this ^^
hazemyth
Since the Wired Reflexes description mentions 'neural boosters and adrenal simulators' I would guess it only works with organic nervous systems. I'd assume that the full mechanical arm has the same capacity as a obvious cyberarm, synthetic if the drone has the mimic option.
CoyoteNZ
OK, let me see if I have this straight...

case A:
A drone with a weapon attached via a proper weapon mount/turrent
to attack (when jumped in), I can either
1: Gunnery + (my) Agility
2: Gunnery + (drones) Sensor rating
3: Sensor test, then add net hits as dice to either 1 or 2 above.

Is this correct sofar?

Now, the example I was asking about,
case B:
Manservangt picks up a weapon (lets just say pistol)
is my attack now Gunnery + (my) agility, or is it (my) Pistol Skill + (my) agility?

Finally,
Case C:
Drone with built in weapon but not in regular mount, ie Dragon Fly with blades
is my attack (jumped in)
Gunnery or Blades?

I don't know if this thread is making me less or more confused smile.gif

Max,
Dunedin, NZ.
Cardul
Case B: Pistols skill, since the weapon is not mounted.

Case C: Depends on how it is mounted, but I would be inclined to say: Neither. It would be Piloting:(appropriate Drone type)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012