Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Little Johnson
Ok im playing a rigger and between unwired and SR4 rule books i seem to be missing some info.

Generally i know they controll drones lots of drones and "jump into" drones and vehicels.

but other than technomancers i dont see whare it says how many drones he can controle. Also some of the skills confuse me ie remote gunnery

so if i have gunnery remote spec do i get those dice when the drone shoots or only when im jumped into the drone.

I have a rig implanted so can i jump into any drone or do i need to rig special drones and only jump into them?

Kingboy
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Oct 7 2008, 04:03 PM) *
but other than technomancers i dont see whare it says how many drones he can controle.

The number of drones you can actively control is based upon your commlink. Each drone (or group of similar drones) takes up a subscription slot, and your commlink has System*2 active subscription slots available. You could own 187 different drones, but if your commlink has a rating of System 4 you can only control 8 of those at any one time, assuming you have no other devices using subscription slots (Decoy commlinks, external Smartlink systems, etc).

You can subscribe a group of drones as a unit, in which case they only take up one subscription slot, but then they all; take the exact same orders as every other drone in the unit.

Also some of the skills confuse me ie remote gunnery

so if i have gunnery remote spec do i get those dice when the drone shoots or only when im jumped into the drone.

Gunnery skill is only used when you are directly firing vehicle based weapons or are jumped into a rigged drone/vehicle. Drones (and appropriately upgraded vehicles) use their Pilot+Appropriate Autosoft program to resolve tests on their own. For example, a drone would use Pilot+Clearsight Autosoft to target things with sensors.

I have a rig implanted so can i jump into any drone or do i need to rig special drones and only jump into them?

What allows you to "jump into" drones and the like is the ability to enter VR, not the implant. The implant simply makes you better at piloting things in VR mode.

All drones automatically come with the proper hardware to allow a rigger to jump into them. Vehicles require the Rigger Adaptation upgrade, otherwise they have to be driven manually, commanded through a Command program running on a commlink, or have commands given to their Pilot program.
Little Johnson
thanks that helps a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012