Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The STALKER mod
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
Some of you might remember me droping this duse to me waiting till clear sky came out and a hopeful SDK. So I now have two main tasks. One working out the ammo types fired by the guns this is a biggie. Two working on a plot. After these I will need modlers and such but as far as i know there is now SDK out yet so i can only mod items in stalker with ease and add items adding NPCs areas ect ect is much much harder if posable I know some things han'd been worked out in the first STALKER game and this is the same engin and modding techniques.

Other than this Im working on moding SR4 to play more a STALKER based game point one is the same but adding the zone to cannon and working out artifacts and detectors are also a issue. The other conversations are quite easy. So right now im looking for help with point one as I know some of you will know a lot more bout guns than I do.
hermit
The German SOX book has a very, very stalker-ish feel to it. Maybe it will even see translation, at least as a .pdf.
Dumori
I hope so but part of stalkers magic is where the zone is. I'm thinking an area warped but toxic magic in a failed atempt to control the manasphear. Was thinking of setting the 'new' zone aperarence in 2066 thus in 2071 it would be where clear sky is. I need info on Russia and chonbly in the 6th world.

As for the ammo types some guns are just too unique.But I'll have a post on the clear sky modding forums soon. But I really need SR player to help you'll know what I'm on about and have the books to help where as outside help will need overseeing and that makes mods fall down.

I'm looking though cannon for any calibers mensoned for guns I know the preditors one it's ok the side of it in the images.
Matsci
QUOTE (Dumori @ Oct 8 2008, 12:08 AM) *
I hope so but part of stalkers magic is where the zone is. I'm thinking an area warped but toxic magic in a failed atempt to control the manasphear. Was thinking of setting the 'new' zone aperarence in 2066 thus in 2071 it would be where clear sky is. I need info on Russia and chonbly in the 6th world.

As for the ammo types some guns are just too unique.But I'll have a post on the clear sky modding forums soon. But I really need SR player to help you'll know what I'm on about and have the books to help where as outside help will need overseeing and that makes mods fall down.

I'm looking though cannon for any calibers mensoned for guns I know the preditors one it's ok the side of it in the images.

Russia of the Sixth world is cover in Shadows of Asia, while Ukraine [where Chernobyle NPP is] is given a short paragraph in Shadows of Europe.

Dumori
thanks I have Asia idk about the Europe one.
hermit
Isn't part of the Zone also in Belarus?
Dumori
I don't think so. Its 16km round the plant more or less IIRC so i could be juts over the border but I assume that it would become Ukrainian land for sake of simplicity but that area could also enplane how people get in and out with ease when Ukrainian force shoot to kill. I think I shall do the STALKER to SR4 first as it reciers little external help and is a big part of the mod idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012