Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vehicle damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raggedhalo
There's an AI PC in the group I GM for. Much to his consternation, his tricked-out Citymaster was flattened by a GE Vindicator minigun spitting anti-vehicle ammo. The Citymaster took 20 boxes of damage in one go, and it only has 16 boxes on its Condition Monitor.

Another player at the table asked whether that meant it was totally destroyed, or just into its Overflow. I honestly don't know.

So:

Do vehicles have Overflow or are they destroyed when they take (8+half Body) boxes of damage?
Tycho
If you will use the same rules for vehicle an metahumans:

As long as the overflow damage is lower than the Body Rating of the Vehicle, it can be restored. If the Overflow Damage is greater than the Body Rating, the vehicle is totally destroyed.

According to this, the Citymaster may be repaired.

I would rule it that way, but their is no rule special for Vehicles.

cya
Tycho
Dashifen
What he said.
Jaid
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Oct 13 2008, 06:10 PM) *
There's an AI PC in the group I GM for. Much to his consternation, his tricked-out Citymaster was flattened by a GE Vindicator minigun spitting anti-vehicle ammo. The Citymaster took 20 boxes of damage in one go, and it only has 16 boxes on its Condition Monitor.

Another player at the table asked whether that meant it was totally destroyed, or just into its Overflow. I honestly don't know.

So:

Do vehicles have Overflow or are they destroyed when they take (8+half Body) boxes of damage?

out of curiosity, how much damage did the minigun do *before* adding in the bonus DV from the burst? it's actually quite possible the entire attack should have just bounced right off...
raggedhalo
Before adding autofire bonus, the attack did 14P with -7AP (AV ammo). The vehicle's armour was 20, and I was able to establish that 14 is higher than 13 quite easily...

Thanks for the info, guys!

Does that mean that a Logic + Automotive Mechanic roll would be needed to "stabilise" the damaged vehicle, else it would "bleed out" after about ten minutes?
Prime Mover
I don't think I'd use any stabilize rules with a vehicle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012