Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi, new to Shadowrun, looking for some help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
wageslave
Hi, just got a bunch of Shadowrun books and was looking to start a game. I'm looking to make a character who works in a company (with the day job BP 15 quality) and all the corporate fixin's (the corporate lifestyle bonus) but, using the sleep regulator bioware, work as a double agent. So, dressed in his work (armored) clothes and concealed elan hold-out, he visits other corporations and does spy/assassin work.

So... what attribute/skills/gear would help me make this character?
Fabe
QUOTE (wageslave @ Oct 14 2008, 06:49 PM) *
Hi, just got a bunch of Shadowrun books and was looking to start a game. I'm looking to make a character who works in a company (with the day job BP 15 quality) and all the corporate fixin's (the corporate lifestyle bonus) but, using the sleep regulator bioware, work as a double agent. So, dressed in his work (armored) clothes and concealed elan hold-out, he visits other corporations and does spy/assassin work.

So... what attribute/skills/gear would help me make this character?

Let me guess you watched the premiere of "My own worst enemy" last night biggrin.gif
wageslave
QUOTE (Fabe @ Oct 14 2008, 03:57 PM) *
Let me guess you watched the premiere of "My own worst enemy" last night biggrin.gif

Heh, was that the thing after Heroes? The commercials probably did something to me, yeah, but my brain needed a rest after the craziness that is Heroes.
Fortune
QUOTE (Fabe @ Oct 15 2008, 09:57 AM) *
... "My own worst enemy" ...

This isn't on in Oz (that I know of), and I haven't heard about this before. What's it like?
D Minor
Superspy(Edward) hides as a wageslave(Henry) with a P-fix. Henry finds out he's not real and Edward sends him messages to take out the badguys

Linky

Good concept but they went a different way.
Fabe
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 14 2008, 08:38 PM) *
This isn't on in Oz (that I know of), and I haven't heard about this before. What's it like?

Well going by the first episode not bad. Christan Slater plays a government operative named Edward Albright who's been been implanted with a fake personality named Henry Spivey as a cover. Edward is your standard bad ass government killer but when he's not needed for a OP the Edward personality is put to "sleep" and he becomes Henry who's a ordinary family man with a wife two kids and a dog. Edward knows about Henry but Henry doesn't know about Edward but lately the two personalities have been waking up at random at the most inconvenient times like Henry waking up while Edward is in the middle of mission with no idea of whats going on. So while Ed's agency tries to figure out whats going on the two different identities have to deal with the other messing up their live .
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 14 2008, 07:38 PM) *

It difficult to explain without spoiling the whole thing, but that is what tags are for.

[ Spoiler ]

In short, it was very good show about a character with 5BP worth of Deep Cover.

Edit: let me be more productive and suggest Disguise, Infiltration, Tailing, Palming (The Entire Stealth Group), and a hell of a lot of Con, specialized in Fast Talk (The entire Influence Group is useful, really). Specialize in one and take the other as a skill group (or specialize in both, they're really that important to this sort of character).

Armed with hold-outs, you're looking to go the stealth face route. If you get into a fight you've made a huge mistake, so focus your BP on avoiding battle one way or the other.
wageslave
I was thinking more along the lines that, instead of a Sleeper Agent, my character simply has more "awake" time in a day due to his sleep regulator. He is through and through a wageslave (I need some help in what skills would best depict this), but spends his extra time doing runs, unbeknownst to his employers. Not sure how I can do runs under corporate surveillance, maybe a fake SIN somehow. Anyways, definitely a face character, and maybe one of those Sniper Rifles in brief cases for style. As long as it can all get by corporate security.
Fortune
Looks pretty decent. Much obliged peoples. smile.gif
Sir_Psycho
Skillwires are a wageslave's best friend.

If you're not getting skillwires, all you need is the computer skill group and a few relevant knowledge skills such as accounting, or data entry protocol.

Also, do you have arsenal? There's lots of very cool options for making weapons concealable.

Also, get a high stealth group, because things like Shadowing and Disguise will be very useful.
Lionhearted
I'd say what about the other side of the coin.. mayhaps his company wouldnt be very happy with him running around half night pursuing illegal activities (That is, if he dont do it on their payroll, now this is an intresting idea.. maybe you can work out something here.. but propably you will only end up being used then thrown away as last years fruitcake)
But even more so.. what does his underground associates think about his vanilla dayjob? Not a big deal one may think, but there is a reason they're called wageslaves.. the intro novel to the SR4 BBB claim that "Trust me" is the most dangerous word for a runner, and there is some merit to it. If your fellow runners should get a hint of your actual occupation, you would not only lose their respect.. but maybe also their trust. Afterall how do they know that you're not a "seem to be nice guy" spy for the corperation in question, Its the very same reason you keep Johnson at atleast a troll arms length away, then there is always the offshot possibility that you are up for running against your own employer (Sinister GM's WILL exploit this, and by my experience.. there is no such thing as a GM that is not atleast up to his ankles in sinister)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012