Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Additional SR3 PC archetypes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Whither
Way in the distant past there was a website that had a bunch of SR3 archetypes that were great but not min-maxed. Some included a sniper adept, an elf ninja. There were 30 IIRC including gear. All done with the priority system.

I think they were done by Blackjack or AK74. I think I have the number wrong- if so I apologize for mis-spelling your name. frown.gif

Anyway, a pointer to the files would be greatly appreciated. I want to have some archetypes on hand for new players that are on one sheet and not a picture in one place and gear in another.
Kagetenshi
It's AK404, but sadly I don't know where the archetype repository you speak of is.

~J
Crusher Bob
The Shadowrun Archive has a collection of them...
Matrix Monkey
Unfortunately some of those are *really* cheesy.
I mean c'mon, "moderate addiction to sex"? sarcastic.gif
Rattler
Gotta love the Predator Omega. smile.gif
Phaeton
QUOTE (Matrix Monkey)
I mean c'mon, "moderate addiction to sex"? sarcastic.gif

rotfl.gif
Nargrakhan
QUOTE (Matrix Monkey)

By the gods of RPG'ing, that's one MAJOR munchkin... eek.gif
Tanka
No kidding.

Deltaware? Who'd she have to scr--Oh, wait.
mfb
bah, i doubt it was necessary for the character to use actual sex to get her way. she just played her midi and flashed her (quote)"Seductive" Brown Eyes(/quote).

the above also serves as a great example of how hard it is to quote someone else's poor use of quotation marks.
Spookymonster
"David Whiteson - Lone Star (Lover, legal guardian and lifelong friend) "

Lonely? Need a date? Try adoption! We here at the Woody Allen Center for Horny Orphans (WAC-HO) are ready to help you!
Phaeton
QUOTE (Spookymonster)
"David Whiteson - Lone Star (Lover, legal guardian and lifelong friend) "

Lonely? Need a date? Try adoption! We here at the Woody Allen Center for Horny Orphans (WAC-HO) are ready to help you!

rotfl.gif
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (mfb)
bah, i doubt it was necessary for the character to use actual sex to get her way. she just played her midi and flashed her (quote)"Seductive" Brown Eyes(/quote).

the above also serves as a great example of how hard it is to quote someone else's poor use of quotation marks.

"'Seductive' brown eyes."

What was so hard about that?
Kagetenshi
Ah yes, I remember this character! I do so marvel at the strange genetics that went into making her legs almost exactly twice as long as her torso.

~J
Tanka
Did they have to pick such a crappy midi? And worse yet, they don't even leave regard for the volume!

Bastards!
snowRaven
(2) Retractable Titainium Hybrid Sprurs (left and right hand [BETA] - (Str)D
        -Cosmetic Surgery (Target# to notice spurs = 10)

OOoooooh!! Somebody PLEASE tell me where I can get some of those Titainium Hybrid Sprurs with cosmetic surgery!!! grinbig.gif

I'm not sure which one is worse... the sex-crazed bisexual chick or the Predator Omega Cyberassassin - I mean, he actually answered the 20questions for that one...
Siege
Has Sphynx been freelancing again?

-Siege
Phaeton
QUOTE (Siege)
Has Sphynx been freelancing again?

-Siege

...I don't get it. Then again, I'm relatively new here. biggrin.gif
Tanka
Sphynx is our known munchkin. biggrin.gif
Phaeton
QUOTE (tanka)
Sphynx is our known munchkin. biggrin.gif

Ahhhh... rotfl.gif
Sahandrian
Sphynx is a known powergamer. THIS is a munchkin.
Phaeton
*nods agreeingly with Sahandrian*
Tanka
QUOTE (Sahandrian)
Sphynx is a known powergamer. THIS is a munchkin.

I stand (sit) corrected.
Kagetenshi
*Hemorrhages severely at the repeated sight of that charsheet*
Did we ever find out what "Comp. Light (Floating)" was?

~J
Herald of Verjigorm
In addition to
Comp. Light (Floating)    - 1 (what?)
and
Phobia Uncom/Severe: Japanese speaking women wearing masks and carrying large rifles.    - 4

He took bio-rejection as a flaw and a SURGE flaw, pointed ears on a race that already has them, I can't begin to figure out whare those attribute points came from.

On the funny side, he bought the SURGE cat-eyes on a race that already has low-light vision...
Tanka
That's it... If I ever meet this guy, I'm making a Japanese female that uses a Barret. Then I'll punch him.

"Haha, +2 power to my attack, twink!"

Edit: Or I'll just hold on to him for dear life until he dies. grinbig.gif
Phaeton
QUOTE (tanka)
That's it... If I ever meet this guy, I'm making a Japanese female that uses a Barret. Then I'll punch him.

"Haha, +2 power to my attack, twink!"

rotfl.gif
Sahandrian
...I don't think he ever actually explained the floating thing. And the fear of japanese women is due to another PC, who fired her Barret between his legs on two occasions, and stomped his crotch with stiletto heels on another.
Phaeton
Weren't they DIKOTED stiletto heels, too?
Tanka
So you're the poor GM who let this through?

Wait... Why'd you let this through in the first place?
silvermain
That one was nasty ugly. I would make sure to sit with that player, and when ever they even thought to lean towards that type of monstrosity give them a shock with a taser.

shudder

I'm glad that his GM didn't allow it.
Sahandrian
QUOTE (tanka)
So you're the poor GM who let this through?

Wait... Why'd you let this through in the first place?

Hell no. That was a previous incarnation of his character that he made following the rules. He just gave this one a flaw his old one deserved. That wasn't my game either, that was Liz's. The only reason I saw this was because one of my players was GMing a game on her band trip, and he thought he could get her to agree to this cause it was her first time GMing. She asked me to look it over, and after reading it, I told him I was keeping the sheet and not giving it back.
Nargrakhan
QUOTE (Whither)
Way in the distant past there was a website that had a bunch of SR3 archetypes that were great but not min-maxed. Some included a sniper adept, an elf ninja. There were 30 IIRC including gear. All done with the priority system.

I think they were done by Blackjack or AK74. I think I have the number wrong- if so I apologize for mis-spelling your name. frown.gif

Anyway, a pointer to the files would be greatly appreciated. I want to have some archetypes on hand for new players that are on one sheet and not a picture in one place and gear in another.

Yo dude… I found the file you were looking for on one of my archive CDs (a pretty old one at that). I can’t find the original site that hosted it, and I suspect its disappeared for good. The stuff was compiled by AK404, but his site domain name seems to have been bought my Animenation.

Anyways, I’ve decided that I’ll upload it on my personal site for others – but if the original creator emails me to take it down, I will.

Of course, I’d greatly appreciate if you bandwidth sucking digital vampires would take a few spare moments of your time to look around my site and perhaps give feedback on some of the stuff I have if it interests you. Help a Brother out. love.gif

So without further ado:

http://www.elizar.com/offsite/archetypes3.1.pdf
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Did we ever find out what "Comp. Light (Floating)" was?

I thought it meant a Mild Compulsion to float (levitate).
toturi
I don't think it even legal at char gen ... unless it's not char gen and he's got a TON of karma.
Kagetenshi
No, of course it isn't. It breaks the rules into itty-bitty pieces, perhaps the worst offense being that he took a billion nuyen to start out.

~J
toturi
Heck, are you going to quibble over an extra zero? biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (toturi)
Heck, are you going to quibble over an extra zero? biggrin.gif

Or three.

~J
Sahandrian
I meant that an older, legal, character of his earned the flaw, and he granted the flaw to this new, completely broken character. I don't really know why he bothered unless he wanted to balance out his edges and flaws.
Whither
QUOTE (Nargrakhan)
Yo dude… I found the file you were looking for on one of my archive CDs (a pretty old one at that).
http://www.elizar.com/offsite/archetypes3.1.pdf

Yep - this is it!
Many thanks. spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012