Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retinal Duplicator Lenses
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hazemyth
Reading, the story about Ma'fan in Runners Companion, I noticed a passing reference to contact lenses that can act as retinal duplicators. Do these exist in the rules anywhere?

On a distantly related note, why does the anti-biometric nanoware only come as nanocybernetics. Couldn't you just get an injection that deteriorates, as per normal nanoware rules?
Sgt_Pedro
Cybereyes. Retinal Duplication (Rating 1-6) .1 Essence [1] Capacity 16F Avail. Rating x 15,000nuyen.

Page 332 of the main book.
Fortune
Note that the question is actually about Contact Lenses.
hazemyth
Right, that's what threw me. Retinal duplication has always been cybernetic, as far as rules go. But I've played multiple editions, so sometimes I get confused or just miss new stuff.
Fortune
I don't recall ever seeing them available in the actual gear lists. That being said, I see no reason why they should not be allowed in-game. In my games, I would probably rule that they have the exact same stats (and restrictions) as the cybernetic version.
Sir_Psycho
You might want to try p.112 Augmentation, under Nanocybernetics and Retinal Adjusters. They're incompatible with cyber-eyes, unfortunately.
Fortune
Retinal Adjusters are still actual implants, as opposed to removable contact lenses.
Sir_Psycho
Ah. Yes, that's true. Although weren't there retinal tailor nanites in Man and Machine? I don't see why Retinal Adjusters need to be implanted. Why not just inject some nanites into your eyes?

Well, then to directly answer the question, you can install cyber-eye mods in contact lenses. If you want a pair of contact lenses with thermographic vision, flare compensation and a smartlink, you can do that. So you should be able to do it for retinal duplicators.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012