Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun October Chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Caine Hazen
The third Saturday of the month is rapidly approaching, and that means that it’s time for the monthly Catalyst Game Labs Shadowrun chat. This month, we’ll be opening things up to a general Shadowrun Q&A. So, come with your questions in hand, and the Shadowrun team will do their best to field them.

The Shadowrun chat will be held this coming Saturday (18 Oct.) at 10AM (PDT). The chat will be held as usual on the Battlecorps chat site.
Tiger Eyes
From Peter's post on shadowrun4.com:

Wow, another month flown by. I’ve been so swamped with in preparing a bunch of upcoming books and quite a few surprises, I’m posting this announcement much later than usual. I apologize for the short notice.

This weekend Catalyst will be hosting our monthly Shadowrun chat with the developers and freelancers. As usual the chat will take place on Saturday (Oct. 18), will be held in the usual place Battlecorps Shadowrun Chatroom and will take place at the usual time (10 AM PDT).

With so much cool stuff still in the works, we’ve decided to make this month’s chat will be a general Q&A with the developer and some of the freelancers - well, that and possibly a little talk about our upcoming releases of the Ghost Cartels campaign and the Feral Cities location book.

Ryu
"General SR Q&A"... whatever we want to ask, including rules questions?
Muspellsheimr
I will, once again, unlikely be able to make it. So, can anyone please copy the chat & post it on the forums afterwards?

Edit:
It was said the Augmentation, Arsenal, & Street Magic Errata's would be available "in a couple weeks", I believe about 4 weeks ago. Can someone ask if there is a more concrete date set for them yet?

Also, it was said a BBB Errata would be available soon, several months ago. As that still has not appeared, can someone ask for an update on the status?

Finally, can someone ask what some of the expected changes in the Errata's will be?
Synner
On top of our usual workload, Adam and I have been busy with several of our books (including Arsenal and Unwired) that have been selling so well that they are going into urgent reprint. That's kept us exceptionally busy, particularly me what with other stuff going on. New rounds of errata are ready for Arsenal, Augmentation and Unwired and will be going up as soon as we can possibly make it.

That said you can count on all the errata changes I've announced on the various errata threads on DSF to be included as well as other stuff that needed fixing.
Ryu
Is that a) "we will be talking about the new errata if you want", or b) "we will reject all rules questions, because there is a chat on that next month"?

I´d very much like to ask questions that are productive under the chat format, and a bit of preparation can help there.
Adam
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Oct 17 2008, 04:11 AM) *
I will, once again, unlikely be able to make it. So, can anyone please copy the chat & post it on the forums afterwards?

We'll be posting an official transcript shortly after the chat, probably before the end of the weekend, maybe before the end of Saturday ... depending on how my workload goes over the weekend. smile.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 17 2008, 10:51 AM) *
Is that a) "we will be talking about the new errata if you want", or b) "we will reject all rules questions, because there is a chat on that next month"?
I´d very much like to ask questions that are productive under the chat format, and a bit of preparation can help there.

This means that I will attempt to answer any questions raised, including doubts regarding the errata that has been finalized but we have yet to release. Given that the next round of SR4 errata has not been completed, I will only provide tentative answers to questions regarding that product (or confirmation that the issue will be addressed in the errata).
Ryu
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 17 2008, 03:48 PM) *
This means that I will attempt to answer any questions raised, including doubts regarding the errata that has been finalized but we have yet to release. Given that the next round of SR4 errata has not been completed, I will only provide tentative answers to questions regarding that product (or confirmation that the issue will be addressed in the errata).

I didn´t bring the errata up, so it is "any question raised" as far as I am concerned. (I think there will be loads of discussion after those errata, but before the release there is little sense in trying.) Thanks! smile.gif
Vegetaman
This should be cool, and the first one I can make it too. I look forward to it.
Machiavelli
Is there a specific thread to post our questions in or have they be asked at the chat "live"?
MYST1C
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Oct 17 2008, 03:59 AM) *
The Shadowrun chat will be held this coming Saturday (18 Oct.) at 10AM (PDT). The chat will be held as usual on the Battlecorps chat site.

10 AM PDT equals 19 o'clock German time or is my math wrong?
Ryu
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Oct 18 2008, 11:15 AM) *
10 AM PDT equals 19 o'clock German time or is my math wrong?

Should be correct. PST is -8, PDT -7; We are CET +1, with Summertime +2.
hermit
Hope I can make it.

Any chance that after the official part, we can have the German devs around for a bit of German Q&A? Maybe it'd also interest american fans, since there may be translations of German stuff, or at least, Lab Rat hinted at that on the Pegasus boards?
Adam
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Oct 18 2008, 05:12 AM) *
Is there a specific thread to post our questions in or have they be asked at the chat "live"?

Live!

BTW, a request for people asking rules questions: have a proposed answer to your question. "If X and Y are true, is the answer Z?" is much easier to handle, and answering rules questions in a live chat is, frankly, a little hairy.
Synner
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 18 2008, 12:54 PM) *
Any chance that after the official part, we can have the German devs around for a bit of German Q&A? Maybe it'd also interest american fans, since there may be translations of German stuff, or at least, Lab Rat hinted at that on the Pegasus boards?

Not this month but I'll look into organizing something of the sort for next month.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 18 2008, 12:22 PM) *
Live!

BTW, a request for people asking rules questions: have a proposed answer to your question. "If X and Y are true, is the answer Z?" is much easier to handle, and answering rules questions in a live chat is, frankly, a little hairy.

Word.
Muspellsheimr
Finally got the damn thing to work properly. Looks like I will be there after all.
Prime Mover
Haha thought all was well 2 hours prior to chat log on fine, talked some. When chat actually went into question mode it locked up and took 10+ minutes to show me a disconnect message. Leads me to believe its not my browser but something to do with change in chat when it gets locked for questions.

Edit: Hmm when room goes into moderation I can't get it refresh, just locks and dissconnects, tried 4 different browsers now and updated java.
Vegetaman
I blame my Linux machine for keeping me out. Oh well. Maybe next time.
knasser
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Oct 19 2008, 03:36 AM) *
I blame my Linux machine for keeping me out. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Sorry - I use one of my housemate's several thousand Linux computers (I think we might as well just throw out all the plates and eat off motherboards) and I can use the chat. Although we did have some serious problems getting it to work originally. Last month was the first time I could get in and actually talk to people. Using Konqueror on KDE with whatever the latest Java is from the Ubuntu repositories. I know that doesn't help, but at least it shows it can be done.

K.
Ryu
As good a place to note this any - I use Firefox 3.0.3 (Windows), and getting into the chat requires me to try, then try again after a short time. Not a real issue, since I seem to get in reliably. The second thing that happens is that Firefox forgets how to move the text cursor automatically after some time in the chat (text appears to the right of the cursor). But only Firefox does that (other programs do fine), and not in the chat window.

(Really just a note, this might well be a Firefox issue. Stupid Java should not be able to mess with my cursors, and the chat window really does fine.)
Prime Mover
Towards end of the chat I was able to force the chat to refresh by clicking on multiple members on the list on left hand side this forced main window to refresh and show me the chatter info...a sad work around but at least I got to read most of chat this time.
Ryu
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Oct 17 2008, 02:59 AM) *
The third Saturday of the month is rapidly approaching, and that means that it’s time for the monthly Catalyst Game Labs Shadowrun chat.

New month, same routine? I´ll miss out on the action this time (SR game>SR chat), but I´d still like to now the central topics and if we will get another errata. Anyone in the know?
Synner
The chat will take place as usual this coming Saturday and will be a Q&A focusing on Ghost Cartels and Feral Cities. An official announcement should go up tonight.
Ryu
Thanks! I´m actually looking forward to Feral Cities since the last chat, so be sure to spoil us a bit. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012