Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next Time Your Animal Whisperer adept player puts a hard-drinking, cigratte-smoking, artillary-shell-carrying bear on his character sheet as a contact
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hyzmarca
Animal Empathy, and related Qualities and Powers don't get used very often, mainly because there is so little practical use for them. And some of them that are the most practical, such as having an alcoholic bear for indirect fire support, are too absurd to allow.

Or are they?

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/voytek.html

Click on that link; just do it.

Now, consider for a moment the total awesomeness of a bear that drinks, smokes, wrestles, and carries howitzer ammo. And consider how badly you want that guy on your team right now.

You can't deny that, because it's real. No GM could deny that. Because it's real. And if that works, chummers, anything goes. I'm not talking about Dolphin Riggers or Beastmaster crap or anything silly like that. No; I'm talking about cool stuff. I'm talking about Elephants with miniguns and trained spitting cobras that live under your clothing and only poke their heads out to kill people - that sort of cool stuff.
WeaverMount
I feel like DS just got drunk dialed
Rad
Sounds disturbingly like the 9x9-affiliated surged shifter-panda we had on our team.
hobgoblin
did anyone say panda? wink.gif

btw:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/10/17/f...s-place-stinks/

sometimes i suspect those bears are smarter then we think...
Malicant
Two words: awesome!

Thanks, you made my day. And the ideas I now have are made of bear fur, just great. rotfl.gif
Karaden
The bear Calvary thing looks awesome. I think it might even be my new desktop.

Shame the second pic looks so much like a guy in a suit thanks to the tie matting his fur oddly.
Wasabi
The BBC article linked at the bottom of the link makes it even more awesome. Thanks for the great post!
Prime Mover
This bear should be added to Colbert's threat down (which usually seems to include a bear) I mean hell he's carrying cannon shells!
Mickle5125
... now I sorta wanna build a character based around this... great... thanks hyzma!
DocTaotsu
We're playing a Runner 2.0 game (or whatever the fucking over the top "Filmed Before A Live Audience With Live Ammunition" LA/Hollywood game is called) and HOLY SHIT!

Hyz you usually bring only sadness and horror into my life (awesome horror I might add) but this... this is the best thing ever.

This whole site if a bag of awesome.
Wounded Ronin
That bear should be on a Magic card.
masterofm
Brings a new definition to the word "drop bear."
hobgoblin
hmm, drop bear artillery? silly.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012