Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Returning To Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Exiled V.2.0
Good evening.

After a forced hiatus of not-gaming and a subsequent return of free time, I am now able to return to the gaming world. However, my previous gaming group is scattered (literally) to the far corners of the USA. So, there is no longer an option of picking up/restarting any of the former games I used to play.
In my perhaps less than infinite wisdom, I decided to go back to Shadowrun, which I last played in 1993/1994. I always preferred the storyline and enjoyed the setting, but it was not favored by my group. Thus, I dropped it over time.

Since I'm revving back up, I'm taking advantage of the several changes and metaplot updates that have occurred. I've purchased (and in the process of reading) these:

Shadowrun 4th Edition
Runner's Companion
Unwired
Augmentation
Street Magic
Corporate Enclaves
Runner Havens
Arsenal (waiting to get in)

I'm acquiring the following in order to have as complete setting material as possible:

Sprawl Survival Guide
Shadowbeat
- Shadows Of North America
-- Neo-Anarchist's Guide To North America
-- Target UCAS
-- Native American Nations, Vol 1 & 2
-- Seattle Sourcebook (orig & updated)
-- Tir Tairngire
-- California Free State
-- Denver: City Of Shadows
- Shadows Of Europe
-- London Sourcebook
-- Germany Sourcebook
-- Tir Na Nog
- Shadows Of Asia
-- Paradise Lost
- Shadows Of Latin America
-- Cyberpirates
-- Aztlan
- Target Matrix
- Target Wastelands
- Target Smuggler's Havens
- Target Awakened Lands

And organization books:

Corporate Download
Lone Star
Loose Alliances
Underworld Sourcebook

And finally, metaplot books read in order. Please excuse the '3002' notations; those are part of my own personal gaming file system. 3002 indicates metaplot book.

1st Edition
------------
3002a Universal Brotherhood

2nd Edition
-------------
3002a Bug City
3002b Super Tuesday
3002c Portfolio Of A Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets
3002d Mob War

3rd Edition
------------
3002a Blood In The Boardroom
3002b Renraku Arcology Shutdown
3002c Year Of The Comet
3002d Wake Of The Comet
3002e Survival Of The Fittest
3002f State Of The Art 2063
3002g State Of The Art 2064
3002h System Failure

4th Edition
------------
3002a Emergence

I think that's everything. Does anyone happen to see something missing that I need to get a full update?
sinthalix
I don't see my personal favs...Harlequin and Harleqin's Back...
fistandantilus4.0
Looks like a pretty complete list. Some Key ones would be Blood in the Boardroom, Year of the Comet, Shadows of North America (or the other ones depending on what region you are focusing on), Runner Havens, and System Failure to get a solid idea of the continuing metaplot.

Other big ones are Potfolio of a Dragon, Surivival of the Fittest (for dragon enthusiasts), RenRaku Arcology (and Brain Scan for the adventures that tie to it), Universal Brotherhood and Bug City for some fun bug stuff, Emergence for more info on Technomancers, and Target:Awakened Lands because it's just a cool book.

Runner Havens, Underworld Sourcebook, and New Seattle have good information progression on Seattle's syndicates as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012